• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Perhaps it was because they ran the Proton/Neutron Tangents at the same time...It's the only disc they have done this with so far. Whatever it is, I definitely agree that the Tangent is very similar in the two plastics, more so than any of their other discs.

Hmmm. I bought a FR Tangent and mine flew like a Buzzz out of the box. It still has an ever so slightly fade at the end.

...so watcha gonna do with that Proton Tangent PiRaTE? That sounds like the Proton Ion I just got; a really saturated pink that is almost red.

...so watcha gonna do with that Proton Tangent PiRaTE? That sounds like the Proton Ion I just got; a really saturated pink that is almost red.

I have boxes of discs all around me. I'd be more active with trading/selling but being in Canada makes the shipping not worth it and the scene here is pretty small for that. In the end I'll call it back-up.

What are you guys using as a turnover midrange thats more under-stable than the tangent? i need something that turns more than my tangents, but doesn't burn or roll away.. open to any suggestions, lat64, innova, discrap, etc..

what are you guys using?

What are you guys using as a turnover midrange thats more under-stable than the tangent? i need something that turns more than my tangents, but doesn't burn or roll away.. open to any suggestions, lat64, innova, discrap, etc..

what are you guys using?

I like the tursas a lot, though its still fresh in my bag.

I'm using my 171 tester Neutron Tangent ;)

My newer, heavier Tangents are still pretty straight, but this thing turns good now, and I can release it on a 50-60% power anny and it just holds it so smooth. I love the straight, neutral flight of my other Tangents ,but this one is so useful to me now I'd hate losing it.

My flat neutron tangent 171g turns over a little when trhown flat, but i want something i dont have to release on an anny to get the big turn over flight i want.. as in "let the disc do the work for you" type of flight.

maybe i just need to throw it more, i have been liking my eclipse tangent and havnt thrown the neutron much.

Last edited:

what are you guys using?

My Tangent as of now is my powered straight shooter so I keep one of these in the bag.

Latitude 64 Gold Line Fuse or a Discraft X Comet.

These 2 always work for me.

I'm slowly seasoning an ESP Comet too. I think that one will work good too once seasoned.

I was using a nicely seasoned x comet. It's a great disc but wasn't quite consistent enough for the tight woods around here. Would be a good choice. I was never completely sold on how the rim felt.

I picked up a VIP Tursas a couple weeks ago. The plastic is great and I really like how the rim feels. Turns nicely for me and has tons of glide.

A buddy of mine throws a squall from DGA and it works very well for him. Might be worth a shot.

I have an RGL and a sparkle Opto Fuse, they both turn right right out of the box. Anything from a slight hyzer for a late turn to an anny that will tombstone right. It is a really intuitive disc, and it can also handle some good power without wanting to burn.

what are you guys using?

I've got a beat to death life Gateway S Warrior that's been in the bag for about 3 1/2 years. If I lose it, I'll probably try to speed season a DX Roc.

I also don't find my Tangents to really be understable. Actually my oldest one has gotten a little warped from sitting in my bag, and seems to have a little more fade than it initially did. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Last edited:
So I recently lost my TP Tursas... I'm considering a Proton Tangent as a replacement. Is this a good replacement? It seems that the Tangent is not as understable.

So I recently lost my TP Tursas... I'm considering a Proton Tangent as a replacement. Is this a good replacement? It seems that the Tangent is not as understable.

the tangent is very neutral, very slight turn but comes back a little too.. its a disc for shaping ANY line.

the tangent is very neutral, very slight turn but comes back a little too.. its a disc for shaping ANY line.
I know people here are in love with this disc so I figured I'd check it out. Went to the store today and they didn't have any Tursases so I was wondering what to go with instead. Although I'll probably end up getting another Tursas sometime anyway, I have been interested in trying different discs. I want to throw a Tangent :p

I have both in my bag. I use the Tursas for anny's of any size and the Tangent for flipped flat sub-300' straight lines. Tangent can turn too, but I find the straight lines are its forte and I also find the Tursas longer, thus I use the Tangent more than Tursas for fairway shots.

Last edited:
The GOOD news - My new orange 171 Proton Tangent came in the mail yesterday.

The BAD news - I pulled/tweaked a muscle in my hip, lower back area and probably shouldn't throw.

(Maybe I'll try to sneak in a few arm throws)

PS. Just to rub it in my new Neutron Volt should arrive today.