• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I have both in my bag. I use the Tursas for anny's of any size and the Tangent for flipped flat sub-300' straight lines. Tangent can turn too, but I find the straight lines are its forte and I also find the Tursas longer, thus I use the Tangent more than Tursas for fairway shots.
Right on. Thanks for the info :thmbup: I feel kinda bad since my Tursas was barely used and I liked him quite a bit. Maybe I can use both. I think eventually I will just collect all the discs because they are like Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all! :D

I played my first ever one disc round earlier this week and chose to use the Tangent for it (3 simultaneous 1 disc rounds, pitting my neutron, proton, and eclipse Tangents against each other), and I must say it's the most fun I've had in a long time, plus, 2 of the 3 were tied for my best ever rounds on the course!

My Tangents sucked today.. Why? Because I was trying to drive with them through all the wooded holes. I would usually tee off with a Buzzz but wanted to give it some shots. Not liking it through tight spaces. So... Practice makes perfect :)

It's not the disc. It's you. I've found with MVP the discs are actually too accurate. Meaning that any OAT or errors in your throwing shows up in your throw but just the same you can get deadly accuracy with them.

It takes a decent amount of practice and time to adjust but I'm becoming a better golfer for it. Before I got my Axis I never realized how much I roll my wrist when I throw. Now, I'm getting better at not doing that and getting better throws all around.

It's not the disc. It's you. I've found with MVP the discs are actually too accurate. Meaning that any OAT or errors in your throwing shows up in your throw but just the same you can get deadly accuracy with them.

It takes a decent amount of practice and time to adjust but I'm becoming a better golfer for it. Before I got my Axis I never realized how much I roll my wrist when I throw. Now, I'm getting better at not doing that and getting better throws all around.

I know haha. I explained that in my statement. Check me tone man, the smile at the end should have been a hint..

Anyways, yes you are correct. Dirt on these discs aren't good either though. My complaint is still mostly the plastic, it's nice but just the little stuff that is offered in ESP, ESP Flx, Pro, GL, etc.. MVP doesn't offer that magnificent grip.

well, i saw a beeee-yootiful no-stamp so i had to pick it up.

it probably won't have a place in the bag because i've got an axis, a vector, a breaker and a fuse. i've got my lines covered, but dang...i wanna throw it because it's so good looking. great straight shooter.

My Tangent was threatened by the new Atlas and came out triumphant! Tangent FTW! Only issue I ever have with tangents is the slick surface on the flight plate...to deal with that I lick my thumb before throwing

strange, usually saliva will lubricate skin...

same concept as licking your finger to turn the page of a book. may seem strange but fact is: if my hands are super dry or especially if I just used a dirtbag, my thumb will slide around on the top of that flight plate, disc will pop out early, and I will get frustrated...a very small amount of saliva makes it stick though, and all is well.

same concept as licking your finger to turn the page of a book. may seem strange but fact is: if my hands are super dry or especially if I just used a dirtbag, my thumb will slide around on the top of that flight plate, disc will pop out early, and I will get frustrated...a very small amount of saliva makes it stick though, and all is well.

and new discs are worse with this problem...once they get scuffed up there's better grip on top

So I took some max weight MVP mids out for some field work and short holes, working on filming a comparison vid. It really makes me wonder whats going on with the people who have issues flipping them, because there literally wasn't a single line I tried to throw it on and couldn't manage with it. Talkin a brand new one and not my well seasoned turning machine too. Hyzers, straight shots, slow right drifts, hyzer flip to turnover that doesn't come back, it really did it all. Taking their mids out to a practice hole and methodically throwing every disc 3 times on a bh hyzer, bh flat shot, bh anny, then the same for fh, then repeated at a longer distance...well, it really shows bow much one particular mold can do vs what we use them for on the course. With a full bag I have a Tensor or M2 for OS lines, Axis for dead straight, Tangent for turns....but it was a lot of fun seeing each disc try to do it all.

yeah, i'll admit the tangent seems a great candidate for a one-disc match, though i would probably use my axis instead.

i do like the disc, that's for sure. i'll probably take it to a course where i can work it a little more. it's tough because i already have a set bag. the only thing i could see it replacing would be my beat to **** opto pure. in which case i honestly would prefer getting a new opto pure. mayyyyyyybe my fuse, but not enough turn, not by a long shot for me. the thing is that my patriot and my fuse are starting to overlap, so with the patriot taking those shots, the fuse might not have much to do and i might like a bit more of a slight turnover instead of a real turn. who knows.

that's a lot of rationalization, though. i'll probably keep it nice and pretty, do some field work today and then decide. either way i'm keeping it, though. she's GAWJUS. feels better in the hand than the fuse, imo.

Anybody have a preference on what plastic they like for this disc? I like Proton the most..

Eclipse. You lose a touch of distance but get that sliver of stability in return. If they would make an Eclipse Soft Tangent to match up with my Ion, I bet I could shave a stroke off my average on a lot of wooden courses.

Anybody have a preference on what plastic they like for this disc? I like Proton the most..

I'd be curious to hear what differentiates them for others. In my experience with Neutron and Eclipse after extended use, I found them to fly and grip the same. I didn't know I could 'burn out' the glow by using eclipse in the daylight for too long until after I had already done it so now they are interchangeable for me. If anything, I prefer the muted styling of the Neutron (I also wasn't a fan of Proton 'red').

So I took some max weight MVP mids out for some field work and short holes, working on filming a comparison vid. It really makes me wonder whats going on with the people who have issues flipping them, because there literally wasn't a single line I tried to throw it on and couldn't manage with it. Talkin a brand new one and not my well seasoned turning machine too. Hyzers, straight shots, slow right drifts, hyzer flip to turnover that doesn't come back, it really did it all. Taking their mids out to a practice hole and methodically throwing every disc 3 times on a bh hyzer, bh flat shot, bh anny, then the same for fh, then repeated at a longer distance...well, it really shows bow much one particular mold can do vs what we use them for on the course. With a full bag I have a Tensor or M2 for OS lines, Axis for dead straight, Tangent for turns....but it was a lot of fun seeing each disc try to do it all.

While it seems self evident you have skill throwing discs it's good to remember you are not by any means a representive part of the spectrum. I'm no schlub but feel like I fall into the spectrum a bit more in that if I try to throw it too hard I will problably OAT it. MVP mids are a bit OAT sensitive but so can be a DX Roc. DX-Rocs are nonetheless, one of the most popular discs of all time. Oat sensitivity isn't the hugest factor in discs, to most skilled pros it matters little, but it does still matter, particularly with the masses, as sloppier BH'ers will inevitably gravitate to a Buzzz,and likely throw it fine, as it does point and shoot with your average yanks easier than an axis. Sure an axis likely throws a bit further and locks into a line a bit better, but of course less sensitive discs will have their place.

I can see how you can say you can't get any flip out of MVP mids but have you tried to get away from your normal throwing stlye? particulary FH I would bet you can appreciate what I'm talking about.