• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

most of these mvp threads make me want to stop throwing them:\

yeah, haha. these threads sort of find a way to devolve into people just being ****heads; both parties.

in other news, threw my tangent last night a little bit, but it still never really got to prove itself.

thinking at this point it might be one for the wall. one of the benefits of being happy with your bag. :)

Then the rest of this site probably makes you want to quit disc golf.
well i can see how and why prerube would get so irritated with so many redundant threads popping up every three months. whats worse i feel, is the handful of mvp posters, that have a merry go round of the same posts ever 4 or 5 pages.
the ignore list is a good idea, but maybe a better idea would be a follow list. i know it would make it much easier to hear what the 50 or people that are knowledgeable about certain topics have to say, rather than some yawhoo talk about how he's flipping firebirds, or how they cant wait for a mvp distance driver, whats the name gonna be, blah blah baseline plastic.

A couple weeks back I ditched my buzz/flat eclipse tangent combo for a buzzz/tursas combo because I was really looking for something with more turn. I got it with the tursas, but I have REALLY been missing my tangent for up shots and approaches. I think I may throw it back in the bag!! More discs, more fun, right!?

A couple weeks back I ditched my buzz/flat eclipse tangent combo for a buzzz/tursas combo because I was really looking for something with more turn. I got it with the tursas, but I have REALLY been missing my tangent for up shots and approaches. I think I may throw it back in the bag!! More discs, more fun, right!?

Im finding the tangent to pair very well with the tursas i recently added, the tangent is much better for very slow mild turns, where the tursas is great for the big hard turns that the tangent can't do.. the tursas is a must have along side my tangent. I hope to see a more under-stable disc from MVP in the future.

Overall the tangent is the most used midrange in my bag especially for approaches, i can throw it on so many lines with the touch and accuracy comparable to a putter.. its very similar but i like using it more than my ions because it feels a little better in the hand when i get further out.

Im finding the tangent to pair very well with the tursas i recently added, the tangent is much better for very slow mild turns, where the tursas is great for the big hard turns that the tangent can't do.. the tursas is a must have along side my tangent. I hope to see a more under-stable disc from MVP in the future.

Overall the tangent is the most used midrange in my bag especially for approaches, i can throw it on so many lines with the touch and accuracy comparable to a putter.. its very similar but i like using it more than my ions because it feels a little better in the hand when i get further out.
I have been wondering about these 2 discs together since I had gotten a Tangent when I lost my Tursas. I found that the Tangent definitely does not turn like the Tursas so I wanted to get another Tursas for those really understable shots. Still, I find myself reaching for the Tangent again and again for a variety of shots. It's taking over a lot of shot opportunities usually given to my Buzzz :eek:. I like how the Tangent feels and it's a pretty versatile disc but it needs a lot of anhyzer to make a decent turn, so I think a Tursas would be a nice compliment!

I also like the Tangent for long putts. It flies straight and true and can get to the basket much easier than a putter for those LDPs.

LDP is my trademark term for long distance putt :D

most of these mvp threads make me want to stop throwing them:\

Who cares what people say? Just throw what you enjoy. This site has a few knowledgeable people but is also made for opinions and stories. If you like the disc, throw it.

Who cares what people say? Just throw what you enjoy. This site has a few knowledgeable people but is also made for opinions and stories. If you like the disc, throw it.

Lol, i dont like someone in the vibram and innova threads so i quit throwing discs form those companies :gross: :doh:

joking of course.. :D

Lol, i dont like someone in the vibram and innova threads so i quit throwing discs form those companies :gross: :doh:

joking of course.. :D

Exactly, that just sounds ridiculous. I hate throwing Innova because if I lose it I can't find another to fly the same but I know even MVP has inconsistencies. Friends who throw Innova are still friends lol.

i certainly would not stop throwing the disc because of yahwhoos. its just annoying

I agree but who cares. I mean it's like when a couple is super excited about their baby, they wanna talk about it and share.. Sometimes we just don't wanna hear that ****. lol.

Are any of you folks using the Tangent as a long range putter?
I've been banging chains with this thing outside 50' like crazy!

Yep. I use the tangent when i don't feel like i can use my push putt to get the ion there.. the flight is like a putter only the rim is much better feeling in the hand than the ion form that distance. I dropped a couple long ones this past week from around 50-70ft.. I use it on most approaches where i need touch.

^Yeah, it's weird how the Tangent is working better as a long putter for me than a mid..
Oh we'll, I'm not gonna question it!

I practiced with it on long putts, but I tend to be a hyzer putter and found that I wasn't getting the Tangent up to speed so it faded pretty hard. It putts better than any other non-putter I have. I used it one time with fierce headwind to laser a 20'er (before I carried a Zone), but I wouldn't regularly use it in this way personally.

Carved highbridge courses uppppppppp with my beat tangent which finally holds a nice right turn and not really understable yet but tons more workable than when it was new. Wearing the glossiness off the N plastic really seems to help in getting rid of the extra LSS and makes the plastic grip so nice.

FYI leave your N plastic outside in the sun if you want it to soften into an ESPFLX like blend. I have N shock that is now rubbery and way more grip than my other neutrons specially in the flight plate where your thumb hits and you can lay into the disc-- I am loving it and am curious if anyone else has had this similar experience? It was a disc I lost almost a year ago and just found outside so its been through some $#!t but for the better... lol'

Thats interesting AFTC. I will try it with my Volt when the rain stops in about another 8 months.

Tangent got shoved aside for a bit, fell back in love with my Fuse and Axis. Maybe its time for a booty call to it though.

yeah fuse was my baby for a long time and love the axis for some shots-- a beat tangent is a beautiful disc to watch fly. I PARKED some stupid long slow right turning shots and dead straight lazers pew pew at the chains when we were in highbridge last week and if any course will test your discs line capabilities these ones will. I didn't throw anything but an ION and my beat tangent the entire Woodland Greens Course.

The lines this thing was holding were so beautiful i have not been so excited about hitting lines like I was last week in a longgg time. I love tap in birds on holes which you should feel good about a 3.