• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Yep. I was throwing 3 of them off a tee and each time i wanted the line the disc worked. Slow hyzer, Flat lazer straight and slow right turn... it was almost like it knew what i was thinking lol very impressed with this mid the more and more i use it.

I don't think I want a more understable mid than the Tangent, I just want my Tangent to get more beat. I think the Tangent will be the best understable mid out there when it gets beat. If MVP does make a more understable mid I hope it will still be beaded and have even more glide, otherwise I think I'll keep abusing my Tangents and stick to them.

at this point id almost rather see a lid like disc if that was going to be the case b/c like you said a beat tangent is going to be up there with the best of US mids and mine are getting better every round. A touch disc would be nice b/c Ions anodes and the tangent all still need some good speed to hold a anny or put on that line. A beaded deep super glidey anode/tangent kind of disc would be great or a truly understable fairway driver as well before a actual US mid like a stingray or something.

Last edited:
After a few months I'm still learning my tangent but I've come to the conclusion that the big difference between it and my Axis for me is it's a lot slower than my Axis and therefore a lot easier to control. The more beat in it gets the better it gets but it's not there yet.

Last week I had a 200 foot up shot up a slight hill and I had to anhyzer it slightly around some trees. Three-quarters of the way through the throw I got a ton of awwws and wows from my group. Then it bailed out on me at the end. We all thought it was going to hit chains, it just didn't hold the line.

I think the disc is awesome, it just has some user errors to work out.

dear tangent:

i love you.

pulled the tangent back in the back after using the comet for a while. the bead has been messing with me, though. i have to agree with those of you that say this flies like a slightly faster putter/slower mid. it's been amazing for standstill driving off the tee. in the summer i drive with putters a lot since runups are easier - now i've been discing up to the tangent. bye-bye, comet. you'll always be great in my book.

I still have my original eclipse proton in the bag and it's only gotten better. I love laser beam hyzer flips with it. It was funny today because I threw one of those hyzer flips off the pad and outshot the basket about 265' away by 10' or so. Anyways he asks me what I threw and I told him a tangent and he pulls out a proton green tangent and was super surprised. He wasn't getting much distance until I gave him a brief explanation of snap and it's necessity when throwing MVP. After that he was hitting some nice lines, but he's also much more forehand dominant with a touch of OAT, which the tangent won't respond to. The tangent is so versatile for newer and more advanced players which is one of the biggest reasons it's so great.

the round after I rubbed the top of the flight plate on some tees and bottom as well with small rocks inside shaking it. I cant stand the gloss on neutron and am no longer bagging a proton one so no help there but took a while for my very first proton to really get workable and believe that's just due to it being a slight faster plastic overall like champ vs star (which neutron is much more comparable to once broken-in like the nice gummy star that slowly wears similar to a vibram but even added durability)

mk. i found a proton with a majorly high PLH compared to all the others in the store and a little more dome too. maybe i'll take my older no-stamp proton to the woodshed.

my favorite are flat but only ran into one of those and it was a lot less HSS. I flattened my back-up overnight with a stack of books and coffee can on the flight plate but it domed back up.. ^%#&^$ MVP discs lol.

I've heard the dryer with no heat obviously does pretty well too with some tennis shoes or something in there and few discs lol.

I've had my 172 orange proton tangent for 3-4 months now and it's still not very beat in. Still has very little high speed turn. My neutron Axis is a lot more understable.

I still want to get a neutron tangent and hope it's more flippy or will not take so freaken long to beat in.

I took mine out of the bag a couple of weeks ago because I got tired of going between it, my Axis and my Ion. Just too much overlap.

If I could get one beat in enough to replace my Fuse I'd have an all MVP bag from fairway down to putters.

How long did it take you guys until your tangents turned genuinely understable?

Start with a FLAT Neutron. This is the key. Mine is brand-new-Fuse understable now...I haven't played a ton of rounds with it, but I'm pleased with how the break in is going. It is a big bead slow turner though, so some of those flippy Fuse lines look different with the Tangent and it is not going to come up and over from as much hyzer.

IMO, the 3N, 1P and 2PE, all fly the same, most 173-174 with one N being 176. no definite stability differences. As said above, the flatter you find one, the more turn you can expect. but even the domey ones, are pretty damn flat. i will say, i felt my proton broke in much faster than the neutron i started with.
idk, new and domey i might call this a -.5/1, 0 but when the dome settles in, id say more -2.5/3, 0. For me, this hands down is the disc of the year.

I flattened pink neutron and it turned into a turning machine. Some punk bitch stole it from the found disc bin at the local shop. Someone has a pink neutron tangent that is flatter than normal. You know who you are. There is a special place in hell for you.