• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Yikes I was hoping I would like Proton better than Neutron so I just ordered some.

5735bb9e-e9d9-4bae-a034-5a10d15d998f.png

Proton is great, imo. I like my proton tangents a lot. I don't think they are slick. Incredibly point and shoot. My neutron is lighter and has more turn out of the box when driven but they both power down super straight. And I really liked soft proton. Just a little too sticky for my taste. my proton grips better than fresh neutron. I am comparing my three tangents, vector and alias right now. :p

Last edited:
one is clear the other is solid. beat in and there are slight differences in feel. I love proton. Neutron is like a better star over time how it beats in but really cant go wrong with either. I like the feel of proton when new. neutron is stupid glossy unless a softer run but some VERY hard neutron discs out there.

Yikes I was hoping I would like Proton better than Neutron so I just ordered some.

5735bb9e-e9d9-4bae-a034-5a10d15d998f.png

I'm totally loving my tangent. It's my favorite mid and approach disc bar none. I'm curious as to where you placed this order as I'd like to order a small stack for field practice. Thanks.

40% off sale and combined shipping from Pipedreams on ebay. The sale didn't last long. The purple Anode's flight plate is buggered, but I got it for a putting putter so I don't care. Not sure why it commanded a price premium.

Sweet, I just picked up 4 more of these from Pipedreams - sweet deal. Does anyone else like to practice in a field with multiple discs of the same type and weight? I find this really get's me "in tune" with a disc. I'll now have 5 tangents all at 175g. I'm curious to see if they all fly the same.

when i do field work i just throw. i know what each disc is supposed to do and what i want it to do on a flight as well. i don't have the cash to sink into tons of backups quite yet except for my wizards.

*edit* that sale is SICK! if only they had some whites.

So I got my stack of 5 tangents (all 175 - various colors) and went out to the field for practice and test for consistency. Guess what - they all fly pretty much the same which is GREAT NEWS to me. I love that I can really learn a disc and have them all be the same so I can practice with a stack or use a backup and it's like nothing changed.

The more I throw this disc the more I love it. It just does what I want it to do. I think one of the things that makes this disc special is that it can be thrown straight at almost any power level. Most discs have kind of a sweet spot for straight but it's awesome to be able use a wider range of power and still release flat and get a straight flight. It doesn't get any more point and shoot than this. I'm a happy camper. Can't wait to get home and see if a Switch is on my doorstep. If my dreams come true it will fly something like a longer tangent.

Forgot to add that when say any power level that I don't have a lot of power. What I mean to say is that it goes straight for me at anywhere from 50% to 100% effort from me.

That's good to hear! and still pretty true at any power level that's why I love the tangent. Adding hyzer to the release really makes it straighter at higher power while dialing back and flatter release gives the same line.

So I got my stack of 5 tangents (all 175 - various colors) and went out to the field for practice and test for consistency. Guess what - they all fly pretty much the same which is GREAT NEWS to me. I love that I can really learn a disc and have them all be the same so I can practice with a stack or use a backup and it's like nothing changed.

The more I throw this disc the more I love it. It just does what I want it to do. I think one of the things that makes this disc special is that it can be thrown straight at almost any power level. Most discs have kind of a sweet spot for straight but it's awesome to be able use a wider range of power and still release flat and get a straight flight. It doesn't get any more point and shoot than this. I'm a happy camper. Can't wait to get home and see if a Switch is on my doorstep. If my dreams come true it will fly something like a longer tangent.

I completely agree with you on the Tangent. I have never grooved with a disc as fast as I did with the Tangent last year. Had one ace and 2 others chain out with it. What was interesting for me was that I was more accurate for approaches with it than I was with my Anode. It isn't my longest mid, but when in doubt....I'm pulling out my old Eclipse Orange Tangie :thmbup:

lol my favorite tangent is also eclipse orange, beautiful and has a nice slow turn to it now.. had it ever since it was released. Use it all the time for straight approaches.. hit at least 2 aces with it last year