• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I just recently put a tangent back in the bag. I just use it for hyzerflip laser beams but it does that shot flawlessly if there's no headwind. My alias that I've had for 6 months does all the other shots but still has a touch too much fade for laser straight.

Took the tangent out of the bag while I gave the theory a good run for its $ and wouldn't be tempted to throw a tangent where I wanted to test out the theory. Needless to say the tangent easily went back in the bag along side the theory and vector with my midrange game officially on lockdown.

The extra HSS and beaded design of the tangent is perfect for longer turnover and high power steep hyzer flips which go straight as well as great range-ability due to its lower glide and speed combo. Couldn't be happier with the midrange set up right now!

max weight tiny dome. found some flat ones that are more like an axis with fade but not very common. Believe a lot of them share the same cores too and with molding stuff being tightened down I just go for heavy protons. Never found a flat one of those since the FR's. I wouldn't call it "really" overstable though it just responds very well to hyzer and anhyzer lines while being plenty OS in any wind and for straight shots with some good fade. Basically a roc3.

Just coming by to drop some love for my favorite disc. She recently got me an ace on hole 1 of Valley Springs - lazer beam straight to center chains. Straightest disc in my bag.

Anybody know if they might make these in soft (like the envy) at some point?

There doesn't seem to be a big demand for soft Tangents. But of they do run them, we could technically also see any of their mids in soft, since they all share the same core. (IIRC)

I have one of the old OG neutron tangents that's hard as a brick. Neutron and proton plastics have definitely come a long way but think a soft mid would be cool. I personally would like a soft P vector -- specially for days like these when the feels like temp is near -20*

You would think with the popularity of gstar that MVP would be doing more of this. The enhanced grip of my g* tern compared to my glow tern is night and day. Man I need to get me some metallic MVPs....

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the theory-tangent-envy setup might be putting my beloved buzzzes at risk. Seems silly to change out one mold for 3 but the theory's glide and touch has been impressing me, my beat and flat neutron tangent is a straight-up mindreader, and the envy is, well, an envy and has caused all kinds of commotion in my bag since it showed up.

MVP is a homewrecker.

Alright guys, you know I love me some Tangent. Now I'm intrigued by the Theory. I'm currently bagging a Swan 2 (understable putter-shorter than Tangent) and a fuse (longer, glidier, and more turn than Tangent). Do I have room for a Theory?

yeah it replaces your swan and fuse all in one assuming you don't use the swan as a putting putter too. theory powers up and down very well and the decent weight range gives you the option to find one which fits your level perfect.

yeah it replaces your swan and fuse all in one.

LOL. It does seem right between the two but the grip on my soft swans is da bomb. It's like my fingers melt into the plastic. Likely not gonna replace those but could replace my fuses? I'm actually open to the possibility of it replacing both but just love the FEEL of those soft swans for putts. Apologies to MVP/Axiom fans but for putters specifically I just feel confident when my fingers "bury" into the plastic. Totally keeping an open mind though...

LOL. It does seem right between the two but the grip on my soft swans is da bomb. It's like my fingers melt into the plastic. Likely not gonna replace those but could replace my fuses? I'm actually open to the possibility of it replacing both but just love the FEEL of those soft swans for putts. Apologies to MVP/Axiom fans but for putters specifically I just feel confident when my fingers "bury" into the plastic. Totally keeping an open mind though...

Yeah feel wise the baseline swan will be hard to replicate until a theory is a good few years old lol. I think that's why there is such a high demand really for baseline in other MVP molds mostly due to feel as you mention. I would agree that good grip for some more technical and touch shots is a good trait to have in a disc and why I keep soft neutron ions around even though they are a bit floppy for putting putters (imo of course........) as far as the lines go I feel like the theory is a more reliable fuse and easier to turn/more glidey tangent which is where the putter similarity comes in. Both discs are very "fast" putter like but I think they pair so well with the faster midranges like vector and axis too its not even funny. HAHA :D

I have thrown a 175 neutron tangent and this thing functioned well as a putter for me

Yep, throw a 175 neutron Tangent for 90% of my approaches. In casual rounds I often just pick it up a putt with it for convenience. It's not as sticky (hand feel, chains, or ground grip) as my soft Swans but I don't think it costs me many or any putts per round. If they made a soft/grippy Tangent I'd totally use it for almost all putts and upshots. My game would basically be driver of choice for the drive followed by Tangent shots to the basket. In addition to everything else it does well it's a solid putter. Why? It doesn't fade a at low speed. Booyaaa!

as much as I LOVE meeeeee some tangent action I will say the theory has stolen a good share of throws. They definitely can exist in a bag without issue specially when it comes to higher power shots with a tangent or lower power throws with a theory.

Lost my most recent Neutron here this year.That's two to water in 2015. Barely threw it. Looked like an ace the whole way, then zoomed right on by into Lake Claiborne. :banghead: :doh:

851790ba.jpg

Latest posts