• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

That's a bit better than me, I get the feeling when I get a bit more distance they would really click. I'm not sure this year but I max at about 250' with a mid. I did get 174 med eclipse orange one in the mail and it feels more like my broken in 176 Axis, much happier with it for annys. I tried throwing with a bonaparte grip and got better action.

Ok I've read up to page 25, and watched those 2 vids...
I like the flight and glide of the tangent, but....how does it do in moderate winds?
headwinds, crosswinds, does the tangent get knocked around easily?
it seems it would, since you can hyzer flip this thing.
Does anyone have max weight tangent? does it get owned by the wind? (moderate wind)
I'm looking for a dependable mid that can reach the target about 200ft or more on a dependable hyzer line, even with winds.
I tend to turn my 177 Z buzzz to the right with bad form trying to compensate for the long approach.

i rarely throw my tangent in unpredictable winds per principal. but when i do i notice they hardly care at all.

If you're turning the Buzzz the tangent will turn worse. I'd go wasp, roc, vector, etc.
Or just go to the super reliable, bad form masking: zone or gator

using a tangent in a tailwind is insanely satisfying. i will say that.

but its not a replacement for a buzz if youre oating those. honestly just work on your form, and youll be rewarded with any midrange you throw.

The tangent has some mild wind resistance, but it is neutral, and there is no neutral disc that will fight wind like an overstable disc can.

I would say the tangent is very wind resistant for its stability though, it also helps if you know how to throw into wind.

You may like the axis more if your into the buzzz, but everyone should have a tangent int he bag, its a must have for getting out of trouble or just when you need touch.

I think the tangent is like a comet with less glide and a bead, which means slower transitions, more wind resistance and more control than a comet.. its everything i wanted a comet to be.

I find my Neutron Tangents are less stable than the eclipse orange one i have.. i find myself reaching for the slightly more lss eclipse more often.

I've finally had some "bag time" with the Tangent. I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, so I may be repeating some thoughts.

I was kind of disappointed in the disc at first...the problem for me was, I was expecting an "understable midrange," like a Comet/Fuse. That's just not what this disc is, for me anyway.

Honestly, the best description for how it works for me is "neutral/stable putter on steroids."

As I've gotten the idea of what it was "supposed" to do out of my head, I'm finding it useful as crap. Predictable for all sorts of approach shots, especially higher lines, a la a putter. But sneaky long at times. It feels putterish, but some shots, I've been blowing by, where I should've thrown an actual putter.

But, the only way I get any significant turn out of one is to power-grip it, and throw at 85% + in a field. (I only use the power grip on drivers, and will fan grip slower driver molds at times, shot depending.) It'll hold a line for sure, powered down, but not as well as a Fuse. And it seems to stubbornly refuse to roll over at all.

Maybe it'll change some once it gets worn in a bit more.

Yea the tangent doesn't have much turn.. my neutron tangent has a little but i fond you have to release it on the line you want it to fly, and thats why i find it so useful. I can put it on a line from the moment it leaves my hand and feel confident its going to stay on that line till it hits the ground (depending on distance and power).

Its Neutral.. not under-stable.

My neutron does have a slight turn at high speed though, i have to be careful sometimes with it. my eclipse on the other hand is straight and easier to throw straight, has slight bit more LSS fade too.

when i first got my N Tangent it was slight dome, so i took boiling water to the dome and made it ultra board flat, so that may be why it has turn and wont come back.. which is very useful :)

It's odd. I would agree with most of the thoughts on here pertaining to the stability of the Tangent, but there are times when I know I need to use the Axis instead (driving for stable distance). If the Tangent is stable, it's all-power stable, which is cool. As noted, it's not overtly understable and it holds lines given at various power levels, which is why I think we all find it so versatile. If I need to do a back hand flick at extension while leaning out of a bush, I know the Tangent will take the power I can give it and carry as much of a line as possible. Its like a driver and a putter mated and birthed a mid, instead of a mid purpose built. I use it A LOT from the field, and on a couple of tees where an Axis would be a bit overkill and my Anode doesn't have the space to work with. Bottomline, one for the every day toolbox.

Last edited:
I only own an eclipse tangent but from the first throw it was a beautiful hyzerflipper and would hold annys when powered up, or hyzers when powered down. When I took it to the field I ended up being able to get about 270' on a hyzerflip and roughly 300' on a flex anny. The remarkable thing is how easy this disc is to throw. There always seemed to be a week or two learning period when getting a new MVP disc for me, but this one was butter straight away. Tip of the hat to you M.V.P.

i dont even want to type this. but the tangent may be knocking the ion out of the bag. I dont drive much with it more and like approaching with the tangent more. i need some more work with it, but if i am even thinking of dropping the ion that says something. i use it where i would use my ion, but dont have to put as much power into it, increasing my accuracy.

I honestly really love this disc. I picked up a 177 Proton to use for sweeping left to right shots (RHBH). Ive come close to acing so many holes with this already its nuts. Let alone it gives me anther shot I can throw flat which I can do every time vs putting Anyhzer or Hyzer on it which I haven't mastered by any means. I will say this thing NORMALLY dosnt come out of that Anhyzer line or if it does its very soft. I think with some more practice with this disc it will be in my top 5 for your sub 250ft drives. I dont really like it much for upshots.

I hit an Ace finally with my Orange Eclipse Tangent from white tees on Hole number 8 at Yulga in Wisconsin. its a dead straight 240' shot with trees along the right side of the lane so i had to put it on a slight anny and let it slowly pan flat to avoid the right side.

9e38e930.jpg

this image is from the blue tee but you can see along the right side there's a lot of trees and its a straight line from white.

threw it at about 10 feet high and it just floated all the way into dead center bottom of chains!

My first ace with the tangent!

I will be adding one to the bag later today. Which plastic do you guys recommend?

I really have enjoyed the neutron best so far. It feels like I get better grip and its a little flatter than my eclipse. I use them both equally but I find my self driving with the neutron and upshots with the eclipse.

Edit: Nice Ace! :hfive: I have had some nice long upshots with mine but no ace yet

The sad thing is is that eclipse discs look so damn beautiful I don't even think of playing night rounds just incase I happened to lose one.

id say a yellow or pink neutron disc would be better for night golf than a dark blue eclipse.

my blue eclipse discs dont shine under uv or flashlight, but yeah the rim glows...

Latest posts