• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Pmantle- yes just get weight you like to throw. My light and heavy are pretty similar given 22g difference but for stronger fade id go heavy.

Pmantle- yes just get weight you like to throw. My light and heavy are pretty similar given 22g difference but for stronger fade id go heavy.

Thanks. I am conflicted with weights because I fear >170 would be useless meathook for me and going under 165 might defeat the purpose of this with it being an into the wind disc in the first place.

Personally, I feel like there's more variation relative to weight with Teslas than any other MVP/Axiom disc I've thrown. My 175 has nice, solid HSS and will fade early if I don't concentrate on a flat release. My 168 flies straighter noticeably, though not hugely, longer than my 175, with a slightly lesser fade than the 175. Both fight wind about the same, so I'd go with something in the upper 160s if I were you, PMantle.

My 158 is an odd bird. On a hard flat throw it will turn noticeably - much more capacity for turn than my heavier ones - with a fade at the end that's been hard for me to get the hang of. But if I take a little off of it and/or put a little more hyzer on the release, it'll flip to flat and fade much like the heavier versions with little to no added D. Basically, it's finicky, whereas the heavier Teslas aren't (for me), and much harder to dial in, without any added advantages in my hands. Not the super straight disc I was hoping it'd be. Maybe a 163ish will be that for me.

I'm with Discspeed in that it's a fantastic disc for all kinds of hyzer lines; exactly what my bag needed.

My N Tesla around 168g is pretty nice. This is the first MVP driver that really felt nice in my hand. Flies very Orc-ish, just straight, little S and fade.

My production tesla is perfect. I love it. Flips up out of the box, turns on a flat release and always comes back. Very reminiscent of a qolf or ppd, just enough turn to thread longer fairways. Better for rollers because it is flat. Handles some wind. It is a max weight.

My Mike c tesla is getting more and more love from me. It's simply delaying its fade now. Very similar to a beefy cpd out of the box, now it is turning into a versatile slightly overstable workhorse with good distance on it. Also a great roller, holds the line much longer than my other tesla.

Really think mvp nailed this mold to the floor.

I find the protons to be very slick when its cold or wet. I hardly used my eclipse volt over the winter, but now its used quite often.

Joke or no joke, I cannot imagine buying another proton disc. I only bought the last one because I could find no neutron. Proton is slicker than otter snot in my hands.

I am liking the tesla a lot more these days than when it was brand new. I have been throwing 4 different ones from 150 to max. Really like the heavy 160's to low 170's and with that factory gloss worn down. LSS is straighter/later in the flight.

The tesla has stolen a lot of longer drives from the volt when hitting a gap is less of a concern over placement. The additional wind resistance has really been nice for flex shots too into a headwind.

I've just put my 168 SE Tesla back in the bag. We still haven't hit it off but I've been gaining a lot of distance and power since it came out so I'll see what it does now.