• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Happy owner of this stupid sexy Skullboy Tesla :D (...pretty sure this is a 1 of 1 stamp)

57_3.jpg

Dibs. :hfive:

Yeah, stupid sexy is definitely accurate. What an awesome find!

that's exactly what happened to me with the tesla too, haha.

that, coupled with the fact that someone randomly showed up to return my PD which had been lost for 9 months . . . i took it as a sign.

Exactly, dics will tell you something. The Crave was the same way, just couldn't ignore the signs.

Exactly, dics will tell you something. The Crave was the same way, just couldn't ignore the signs.

If I listened to my discs I'd might have to quit play altogether.

In other news, I just found out my Tesla, which goes about the same distance as my Volt although it has no turn and a much harder fade, is a fantastic wind fighter.

At least compared to my other discs. I played in some severe winds yesterday afternoon and the only thing I could use out of my whole bag was my Wraith for distance, Envy for upshots, and the Tesla as my fairway driving. The wind was blowing so hard the Tesla had no fade at all. Just a straight laser beam, like a newbie throwing a Tangent.

So, now it's my official wind fighter.

How does the Tesla compare in the wind in much lighter weights? Mine is a 167 and I wondered if 150 class one could get me some additional distance but still fight the wind.

I've found every mold gets a little less stable as you go down in weight, but I haven't tried a 150 class Tesla. Mine is 164g and still has some good bite.

Its certainly telling me I need to throw it better, lol. Oh, after thinking about it, I am on my 7th tesla. Counting my LE, Proton, and a marble colored neutron I sold before throwing.

15170152520_28e489ef84_z.jpg

This is the one from my order that was kept for the collection.
Almost opaque milky-blue Proton with rainbow stamp. I'm assuming this is what is considered a transitional.

First time out with my proton Tesla yesterday. Heck of a disc. Decent bit of initial turn (-1 - -1.5 HSS), as compared to my LE Tesla workhorse which is 0 - .5 HSS (they're within 3 grams of each other). But tons of glide. Shapes great lines. So fun to throw. Instantly decided to keep carrying it around.

No wind yesterday but used my Tesla as my workhorse fairway driver and it really excelled. I was throwing some lasers through the woods and parking it. Love that feeling of finding that disc that does something so perfect in your game.

I finally think I get this disc. Testing in a field is not a good indicator of what this disc does. In a field, I saw immaculate HSS, but no shape on a line at my power (350' avg). It was too beefy to hyzer flip even in headwind, so I thought maybe a slower star destroyer - wind/utility disc.

But using it on the course, I started to notice this shapeless line was actually hitting my max distance without having to see that flip up and ride an edge phase I got with the Inertia. It just goes on a straight line with a guaranteed forward fading finish and sneaky far. It certainly has proved itself to be more useful than I imagined for my game after trusting it to some shots. Dare I say it - a longer Tbird (I know, I know...). Nonetheless, so many shots I was using something I could flip to flat before I can use this on a flat line with no chance to finish right and get similar D, sweet.

Dare I say it - a longer Tbird (I know, I know...). Nonetheless, so many shots I was using something I could flip to flat before I can use this on a flat line with no chance to finish right and get similar D, sweet.

I've been saying this same thing. It really is the rip it flat & hard "distance driver" I've been wanting. If I need max D, I'm using my inertia but for most controllable shots that are out of my fairways reach, the tesla is the disc. It can be forced on all lines just like a good JL Teebird & will always finish left. Perfect disc for this speed class. I'm so glad they gave the Tesla a true 0 HSS to start.

I picked up another Tesla, this time in lower weight (162g) and I find it a bit more understable than the 172g I used to have. It has a decent glide and distance, but I'm getting a little more turn than I expected, and it doesn't really want to flex out of a slight anhyzer. It's a nice straight disc for me, but I may have gone a little too light.

I just find my lighter teslas to fly longer/glide better on lines than the heavy ones but haven't thrown any protons yet due to suck a large hoard of neutrons. I do bag a "neutron" which is actually translucent grey but it doesn't really have any turn either like some have mentioned with the protons. My lightest tesla is a 158 copper but those have a tiny bit of dome to them vs all my other ones and still flex out of a anhyzer line at that weight while my beat up tesla at 167g will hold it for majority of the flight. None of them are remotely close to the inertia in regards to being understable though.

I've got a P showing up today. It's a 168, and the last few posts are making me think I went too light. We shall see.

I think you'll be alright. I throw 165-167's along with a max weight and I really like the mid to upper 160's for this mold. Some extra glide and a bit more high speed turn to help shape lines, but definitely more OS than Inertias. Like AIM I've also played around with 150's Teslas and found they fit between the upper 160's and my heavy Inertias quite well.

My 150 class Tesla (158 I think) has too much turn for my liking; it detracts from the reliable HSS that makes this mold so attractive for me. My 168 and 175 pair well together, with the latter being a tick more beefy and the former a bit more shapeable.

The things that I'm learning to love about the Tesla are its ability to handle wind and it's lesser glide. It's a very accurate, placeable, controllable disc, that pairs well with a glidier disc like a Lace or Crave.

I think you'll be alright. I throw 165-167's along with a max weight and I really like the mid to upper 160's for this mold. Some extra glide and a bit more high speed turn to help shape lines, but definitely more OS than Inertias. Like AIM I've also played around with 150's Teslas and found they fit between the upper 160's and my heavy Inertias quite well.

Looking forward to trying it out...not sure I have a need for it, but I couldn't resist the cool stamp on the P, honestly...sometimes it's like I'm the kid in the seat in the grocery cart, pulling brightly colored crap off the shelf when Mom ain't looking.

^those two damn discs have me all confused over my relationship with the old girl, Volt.

I didn't want to repeat myself, but this is my big concern. I think I have a, like, emotional thing going on here, where I don't want the Tesla to come in and knock the Volt out.

I just didn't click with the Crave, though, and field work all summer has definitely added some consistency to my max D numbers, so maybe there'll be enough separation for me to bag both.