• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

well . . . let's turn this into a more hope-inspiring thread.

chained out with my tesla today on a fairly long hole - 17 at oakwood here in MN.

7366cbc3.jpg

it's pretty open, not that challenging for someone who can throw far, but no matter how many times i deuce that hole . . . i've never hit metal from so far away before. felt awesome. would've been my first MVP ace; thanks tesla!

stop under-estimating this great throw... never had a chain out here with many birdie runs' The hole always has wind in play it seems and if not you are tired enough by the time comes for crap shot to happen more often than not specially trying to pump one out there' Nice run!!!

I took the beautiful new Proton Tesla for a spin today at the usual testing grounds, the neighborhood park. This one weighs in at 173g.

Let me tell you right now: This disc is better than the N Tesla.

It has more glide, more zoom, a tad less stability, and more distance. It is an easier disc to throw for a normal arm. I don't know what it is about the N Tesla, but I always found that disc hard to throw, and I wrote about that in my initial review. It feels like the Proton is what the Tesla was meant to be.

Here is a comparison of the Proton vs. Neutron

I can't really tell if the PLH is a smidge higher on the Neutron. I suppose this could contribute to the differences in flight. I was getting the P out to almost 300 on a good rip, and the N was 10, 20 feet shorter on every throw.

Overall, I am very happy with the Proton Tesla, and I think it will be an even bigger hit than it's predecessor. I didn't end up bagging the P Inertia, but I will bag this one. It's straighter flight, with that familiar Tesla fade at the end might even allow it to kick the Volt out of my bag. I really want to work it more to see its full potential.

One more thing: I pulled the lightweight LE Tesla out of my bag and tested it also. I don't know why I didn't throw this disc more often!

I threw this bad boy about 320 feet this afternoon and my jaw dropped. That's one of my best throws with any disc, ever. Even from a standstill I was getting 270-280. As you can see from the pic, it's PLH is even lower than the Proton. It's straight, even turning at 270. And the glide is superb.

This LE is 150 class, so if you normal arms out there get your hands on a 150 class Proton, the flight should probably be similar, especially when broken in. Back during my initial test a few months ago, I never thought I'd have fun throwing a Tesla, but today was a blast.

I've seen a decent amount of variance in the tesla mold with regards to plh. Nothing crazy, but a lot of the superflat, almost concave teslas are beefier. I find them in red a lot. probably a coincidence, but yeah. For the most part the tesla os consistent, but it's nice to find some variation. Good work on the profile pics. :)

My SE 167 Tesla has always been hard to throw and my Volt beats in distance and control so I don't bag the Tesla. But I love the way it feels. It's just too beefy for me.

I'm really intrigued by BigSky's quick review of the Proton Tesla. I'd been planning to try a 150 class Tesla. Now, I might just get a lightweight Proton Tesla.

My Volt beats my N Tesla every time. But the P is going to give it a run for its money. If I didn't already have the 150's LE, I'd pick up a light P in a heartbeat.

My 160 LE is a lot closer to my 172 N Inertia than my 167 N Tesla.. but the LE has a definite lighter feel to it, so I bagged the inertia.

Hmm, interesting report. Thanks for the review BigSky. Definitely didn't expect these to be glidier and longer, but, that's not a bad thing by any means. I can't wait to try one out!

It has more glide, more zoom, a tad less stability, and more distance. It feels like the Proton is what the Tesla was meant to be.

I agree with this.

I have no issues breaking 400' with fresh N Teslas, but they are definitely pretty beefy in my experience. I actually like that for cycling purposes.

However these Protons seem to live up to the longer Volt description better for me in the 400-500' range. They seem to glide straight a bit longer before the fade kicks in, and getting a subtle turn out of them to shape lines was a little easier.

I'll have a video up later. They flew exceptionally for me my first day. Plan to bag a max weight and a 167.

Hmm, interesting. Wonder how long before these get tweaked so they fly the same. Or maybe the neutron will? Personally the tesla up to this point is what I want. It would be nice to get a proton, though, so I don't have to take so much time beating one in. I keep losing these for some reason.

Nice video by the way. Definitely a lot more turn. Should be fun to throw and easier to shape wooded lines with.

I have a 169 SE tesla that is probably my best driver..... But I don't get to throw it much around here, way to much shule(I'm scared). Or the more open holes I could throw it on are a bit to short. But it has so much more glide than my 175g regular tesla, and I like that one too. Now that I lost my E volt I will probably bag it again til I find something else to fill the spot. Maybe my proton tesla will help out.

Was that a lefty flick on #4 approach?! :hfive:

Tee shots on 5 and 7. :clap:

Does look like more HS turn than the N, even the mid-weight white one (ever find that?) I like the look of that, seems like the flight straddles the Inertia--Motion gap a little more evenly..?

And just when I was convinced that I would have no use for a P Tesla...

If it truly does have a more Volt-ish flight, I may have to succumb anyway.

honestly to me it looks a lot like how my seasoned N teslas fly/167g LE I bag which definitely fill the gap between a motion/inertia much better than when I first got them and basically were 0 HSS. now they are all more like -1 and even my beat up motions are still 0 with inertia being a -2.

Latest posts