• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Dang, I just tried doing it to my metallic green neutron stamped plasma volt and no dice.

And yes that's rim to rim, to the top side

Attachments

• DSC_0601.jpg
    DSC_0601.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0600.jpg
    DSC_0600.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 25
yeah I think the tesla have thinner flight plates and smaller core plastic rim size? maybe that's why we can get the stock runs from 155g-175g since released too like a lot of the new models vs the volts which only until recently have we seen in the lighter weights and are not quite as flexible in plasma.

It's way past taco and into burrito territory. No chance I can do that to any of my plasma volts or amps.

This might be why the speed 7 class is like no other. I've yet to throw anything quite as amazing as a Volt. Photon is close, but the Volt,Shock and Amp are still my favorites

yeah plasma ions are pretty soft.. my soft Ns are no different. Soft envys feel softer but are a more squared core design so who knows if that matters'

Teslas are nice for a 10 speed they fly far but are very easy to control at a low power/range. The lack of glide is nice yet they go far with a good rip so its not a dumpy fade kind of OS disc. I finally have a beat up neutron that is flying close to the plasma but not quite. I have too many teslas to give up on the mold just not really sure how it fits in my bag now that photons are out and I really do like the volt...

It's way past taco and into burrito territory. No chance I can do that to any of my plasma volts or amps.

This might be why the speed 7 class is like no other. I've yet to throw anything quite as amazing as a Volt. Photon is close, but the Volt,Shock and Amp are still my favorites

Yours is just like mine, along with the copper I had.

Compare the plh. Discs of the same mold with different plh may fly similar below a certain power threshold too. I don't know how far you're tossing these, not that I was dropping bombs but I typically tap out with the tesla around 400'. if yours flies the same as a normal tesla you're missing out. But no, it is not a standard tesla. It is the best tesla. :3 I think it may have been a transitional run between plasma and neutron, but aftc probably knows better than me.

Last edited:
Ok, I have been patiently waiting for a Plasma Tesla...OK, OK, not so patiently. I got the LE back when it was on pre-order and when new, it had more late fade than my Motion (Motion is about 10g lighter...but I digress). Now that it is beat in well, it flies nice for straight shots that I want a nice 'stop' at the end.
A Tesla with a bit of glide and no hard dump at the end would be a dream.
So...does anyone have any idea when the Tesla will be in production release in Plasma? I may be signing up for the market place soon just to hunt one down.
I have no interest in a soft N

How has this thread gone so long with no replies?

Tonight I tested a 150 class LE Tesla against my 148 Fission tester. Right off the bat they look and feel different. The LE, like other Teslas I've seen, is flat. This Fission has some dome. And the plastic is unlike other Fission. Its very flexy, shiny, and grippy. It's more like what you could imagine a Soft Neutron Tesla as. The PLH is also lower on this new version, noticeably so when laid on a table.

The resulting flight was a nice surprise for this noodle arm. It's easier distance, compared to the LE at a similar weight. And the flight is straighter, with less bite at the end. Anny flexes are easier too, as it seems to have less high speed stability. I took my 8 yr old son along with me, and even he was able to get a little more D out of the Fission. (A couple feet mind you, he's just starting out. :) )

Overall, I really liked this version. It is by far my favorite Tesla, and is a great complement to the more stable Neutrons and Protons.

Im excited to throw the flat vs domey 130g-150g fission teslas today. Have a handful mix of both and this 138g is some super dank feeling plastic. Yellow glossy softer blend with mad grip. Mmmm!

fission teslas go boom.

Threw a 158g, 148g, 138g today. The 158g and 138g have slight dome but the 148g is flatter. All of them fly pretty stable for the light weight. Even the 138g will handle some power but was the most domey and lowest PLH of the 3. Here was my longest throw of the day with it in the field which it just hooked up into the slight tailwind and took off.

fissiontesla.jpg

Really remind me of the prototype plasma which had dome and less stability. I have a 155g copper that reminds me a lot of these and really pair up well with the proton/neutron. The 158g was the most OS and reminded me more of the 173g copper plasma which makes sense given the stated ~20g less stability difference offering the same flavor of flight.

MVP is going to make a disc that is capable of setting a new world record. I hope they can find a player to toss that SOB. This fission tech is too legit. I don't even like light weight discs and innova blizzard BS has given such a bad rap on it in general. This is a whole different level though which is truly unmatched in performance and production quality. :clap:

I lost my fisson photon but I still use my fission volt quite a bit. Mainly for very small gaps down the fairway or for long uphill I really like that I feel like I can get a more effortless hyzerflip with more or less the same flight as a regular volt. I tend to agree with AIM that fission seems more true to the original disc than lightweight versions from other companies.

Compared to the volt/photon for some reason the tesla really fly nice in fission. I was sort of meh over this release due to volts/photons not making the bag in fission.

anyone get their hands on some fission teslas today? For now im going to bag the super light weight 138g for some max D tailwind drives and see if it will work with the rest of the mix. I really like the tesla in neutron and proton but its much more OS until seasoned. I like the slightly seasoned flight of the fission sub 150g yet still not super US at all when thrown hard. The prototype plasma were great so im really glad MVP has produced a tesla which fill that same flavor. Great mold to bag multiples of now if you don't mind a little weight difference in your discs.

production plasma are just normal neutron/proton.. not like the protos. still don't get why they didn't go with the OG plasma run. this new blend of fission feels so nice though not sure wtf MVP is doing but wow' the blue and yellow fissions I have feel so damn nice and cant see any streaks or little bubble lines. my grey and whites are like the volt/photon fission plastic but this yellow and blue are on a different level of light weight goodness.

Last edited:
sort of. the fission are close but would depend on the flat vs slight dome like those had. I didn't order any 160g fission but i would still prefer a max weight plasma with similar shape. so yes, but no lol.

My 158g with a slight dome is very, very close to the domey plasma i have from that proto run at 174g which is what MVP says should be the case with their fission tech. Its still HSS but doesn't really fade. much like those lavender softies.

I picked up this 158g Fission Tesla and I've got a few rounds in with it. I have to say I'm extremely surprised at how much carry it has. It flips to flat and just goes. It's flat like my Neutron and Plasma, but it out glides them with ease. It will still fade with enough hyzer but on a flat or mild hyzer rip the fade is minimal and has a little HS wiggle. Almost giving my Photons a run for distance.

Photons Teslas and Volts are my favorites and dominating my bag. Throw in a Resistor for good measure.

Attachments

• IMG_20160403_215730.jpg
    IMG_20160403_215730.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
I picked up this 158g Fission Tesla and I've got a few rounds in with it. I have to say I'm extremely surprised at how much carry it has. It flips to flat and just goes. It's flat like my Neutron and Plasma, but it out glides them with ease. It will still fade with enough hyzer but on a flat or mild hyzer rip the fade is minimal and has a little HS wiggle. Almost giving my Photons a run for distance.

Photons Teslas and Volts are my favorites and dominating my bag. Throw in a Resistor for good measure.

This is good to hear, cuz my 3 Neutrons are flat and OS as hell. I use them exclusively into strong headwind. Would like some Teslas like u describe, Inertias are barely stable enough to handle any wind.

This is good to hear, cuz my 3 Neutrons are flat and OS as hell. I use them exclusively into strong headwind. Would like some Teslas like u describe, Inertias are barely stable enough to handle any wind.

this is why i treasured those lavenders. really a neat, straight flying disc. paired very well with a normal tesla.