• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

this is why i treasured those lavenders. really a neat, straight flying disc. paired very well with a normal tesla.
This Fission flies nothing like my Lavender softy. That thing is easily more OS than any Tesla I've thrown in any plastic. It's more OS than my Motions. I will still argue mine is a soft neutron freak

This Fission flies nothing like my Lavender softy. That thing is easily more OS than any Tesla I've thrown in any plastic. It's more OS than my Motions. I will still argue mine is a soft neutron freak

Is the PLH really high or what?

this is why i treasured those lavenders. really a neat, straight flying disc. paired very well with a normal tesla.

Yeah, a friend has a green one, a little less crazy OS. Just the slightest hint of dome...that can be seen under a microscope. I won't even touch a Motion after these.

I made a little bit of a bag switch and put the 150's LE Tesla back in. It's light weight and moderate overstability make it an excellent approach disc when you need that bite at the end. Don't know why I ever took this one out, considering it's so easy to throw.

Been throwing a good mix of teslas lately from lighter to heavy and in different plastics etc.

Such a good mold and probably only driver id bag going super minimalist style. Truly can cover all different drives from control to distance. The newer unique plastic options/weights give you some slightly US to OS flights fresh off the shelf.

Currently bagging:
Fresh heavy neutron [OS]
seasoned heavy neutron [later fade/MOAR GLYDE]
Beat up lighter wt neutron or proto plasma or 155g fission [stable]
Newer 134g fission plastic [US]

Tesla has weirdly become my new volt. I still love my volts and protons are on lock. Not sure why i have all neutron teslas and proton volts but i dont really care about either plastic. Plasma seems a little soft in the summer but looks dope. Pretty interchangeable outside of light weight fission.

Beat up lighter wt neutron or proto plasma or 155g fission [stable]

At what weight would you say the plasma flies like your 155g fission? I have a 155g photon fission and I was thinking of getting a plasma photon for my glidy/US spot. I know this is the Tesla thread, but I was looking for general plastic comparison.

Problem is i own some of the prototype plasma which have a little dome one is 157g and other 171g both are very stable. Current runs are flatter more like neutron/proton.

Is your 155g fission flat? The domed up sub 145g photons in fission are less stable.

Plasma has not been released to the masses yet and each disc is marketed unique re:dome with plasma plastic. If you have tried a wave it would for sure be similar feeling to photon but offer a truly understable flight. The lighter fissions ive thrown were a lot like waves. Sorry no help with plasma but in general it tends to fly like neutron/proton. Nothing drastic different like the sub 150g fission stuff offers.

So I just bought an orange 174 plasma skull boy Tesla and I feel like it is definitely not the same disc you guys are talking about.

It's super flat and crazy os. Like almost firebird os, almost. It wants to fade as soon as I let go of it. This is at 300ft +/- 15 and I have to throw it way wide right (rhbh).

Did I get a super freaky one or am I just not throwing it hard enough? Would it matter if I try proton or fission? Anything in particular I can do online to try to get a domey one? Local stores don't stock mvp.

I was expecting it to fly somewhat similar to a saint, which I can get to 360ft. Any other recommendations?

So I just bought an orange 174 plasma skull boy Tesla and I feel like it is definitely not the same disc you guys are talking about.

It's super flat and crazy os. Like almost firebird os, almost. It wants to fade as soon as I let go of it. This is at 300ft +/- 15 and I have to throw it way wide right (rhbh).

Did I get a super freaky one or am I just not throwing it hard enough? Would it matter if I try proton or fission? Anything in particular I can do online to try to get a domey one? Local stores don't stock mvp.

I was expecting it to fly somewhat similar to a saint, which I can get to 360ft. Any other recommendations?

Super flat Tesla's are like that. No Tesla should fly like a Saint.

Try the Inertia...

most are pretty OS until seasoned. Basically just a broken in motion so yeah. When you mash one 350'+ they straighten out.

Yeah no Tesla will fly like a saint unless it's super beat or maybe super light. The Tesla is more similar to a PD or Star Thunderbird. Maybe try a Volt.

When I threw a Volt, it flew a lot like a Star Valkyrie for me. It had a nice turn and then a nice fade back to center for a full S curve out to maybe 375 at most (for me). It was definitely fairly long for a 9 speed disc. I have heard that some of the newer Neutron Volts can be a little more OS though. Aim might have a more complete recommendation in terms of plastic and weight for you.

Ah man, I was going based on this http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR192837O51652064127028777921OO

I guess it still fits a slot I didn't have filled yet. I'll give it a while to beat in some more.

MVPs charts are accurate. Those are not really all that great. No tesla line from the MVP chart at any power looks like that nor has any tesla of wxyz flavor ive thrown.

Volts are the slower/straighter cousin. And i throw aces with them :D

my max volt throw on flat ground is around 400.

Last edited:
Not really needed at all when a chart with distances dont show how a disc will fly. People can throw a 450' torque flex shot but that isn't about the designed flight. At max power vs low power is what MVPs charts show and most peeps here are not close to the end of the max lines. Myself included.

I remember reading that the fission volt (or maybe photon) had two different cores to stretch out the weight range. The heaviest disc with the lightest core was 159g. I can't find this information on the Fission Tesla. Does anyone know if there a different cores and, if so, what the max weight on the lightest one is?