• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Across the board, the LEs at each weight class are almost identical in flight out of the box, and more true to my "imagined" flight path. The stocks and MikeCs, after extended seasoning, will reach this, however they are more OS out of the box IMO. They compare more to the Motion I just received.

The Tesla really excels at higher speeds. I think under 325' there really wont be a huge difference for people throwing a max weight fresh tesla vs a motion but the two discs are not really comparable by design at all. My tesla's have developed some high speed turn which allows them to flip to flat and lock into that line at 400+ like a volt does. The LSS kicks in much later than any traditional OS disc, including the motion and the amount of lateral movement is much less. From flat the tesla basically flies a compact helix straight line while the motion will finish well left of that.

The PD throwers seem to say its comparable but not a PD replacement. Maybe less glide would be a simple way to put it. PD's seem to fly more like a motion/tesla hybrid.

I'd say it's slightly faster than a PD and has less glide. This is pretty general as there are a lot of variations of PDs.

I was able to get out into the field today and do some serious testing with the tesla I bought yesterday. It wasn't *quite* as stable as I first thought, meaning it wasn't quite firebird OS, but it definitely is as stable as my main D1 except significantly shorter, which is to be expected I suppose.

I found that I had a really hard time getting much air under it... most likely because it's ridiculously flat. Also, while I really like the way it feels in my hand, I found that I don't like how it pops (or doesn't pop) off my fingers. I got a few weird releases where I just didn't get any snap at all even though my form felt right... like it would just slide out of my fingers instead of jumping out. Maybe because it's so low profile? I don't know...

I'll be honest, I was pretty disappointed. I was interested to mess around with MVP's distance drivers since that's the one slot in my bag that is somewhat still in flux, but the Tesla simply isn't for me. I'm not saying it's a bad disc, I just didn't get the point of it. I'll stick to my D1s for now... surprisingly enough they're much easier for me personally to get good lines out of despite their being much faster and supposedly more stable...

Yeah that's understandable as the tesla really is more of a control distance driver than max D super fast one... Have you thrown the inertia at all? It might fit in nicely with your d1/d4 for you vs a tesla.

Loving it FH, BH not so much

I have both a 175g and 160g Tesla. I throw primarily RHBH (400-425 with control max distance using speed 12/13 drivers).

My bag is all MVP other than my highest speed drivers and I have been throwing the Volt since it came out and love it (up to 375' dead straight every time).

My experience after 3 weeks of moderate use is I absolutely love flicking the Tesla. The 160g will hold a nice straight line with minimal skip/fade. The 175g is shorter with a bigger fade as it slows down and the extra weight helps fight the wind. My "normal" FH drive is probably 300' on a good throw and takes some s-curve. With the 160g Tesla I've hit 325' and feel much better control than comparable discs (Orc, PD, Saint Pro, etc). Great disc for my FH.

On BH shots though, I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed. It isn't a bad disc but it takes a lot of snap and speed to keep it going which means more effort for the same shots I can normally hit with a lot less power with other discs in the same speed range. The Volt seems to float/glide/push forward (whatever you want to call it) so much more than the Tesla.

Maybe I need to beat it in more and I'll start seeing the flight I expected BH. Right now, I would love something in between my Inertia and the Tesla. Inertia drifts right too much, Tesla fades out too soon. Volt is right in the middle but not quite as long. A Volt like flight with the extra ~25-30ft of D that I get from the Inertia/Tesla would be awesome.

Tesla's season in great. I like this disc more every round and believe a beat one will be $ for a long time. My max weight inertia is starting to just turn like crazy no matter what and a bit hard to dial in.. so might just throw all tesla/motion DD's keeping a beat and fresh of each.

Threw my farthest flick ever today field testing my new 164 Tesla. 325' is not that far for most but for me I was pretty excited considering it was fresh out of the box. Feels great in the hand, looking forward to this disc as it breaks in over time. Thanks MVP

The Tesla really excels at higher speeds. I think under 325' there really wont be a huge difference for people throwing a max weight fresh tesla vs a motion but the two discs are not really comparable by design at all. My tesla's have developed some high speed turn which allows them to flip to flat and lock into that line at 400+ like a volt does. The LSS kicks in much later than any traditional OS disc, including the motion and the amount of lateral movement is much less. From flat the tesla basically flies a compact helix straight line while the motion will finish well left of that.

of course I would agree the tesla and motion are not comparable by design; that is quite obvious. however, my fresh max weight teslas, other than LE, are more comparable in flight to the motion at arms speeds higher than 325' of power. not exactly the same. just more comparable to the motion than to my LE teslas. my teslas in question are neon yellow.

max weight LE has almost overtaken the SOLF as my main driver >425'

My LE and new tourney stamp Tesla's are less overstable than the mikeC I had. Le is lighter so that may be the reason for that one, but the Tourney stamp is max weight. It doesn't have that heavy dump at the end like the mikec had. Probably getting at least 30-40 feet more with it than the MIkeC.

Seasoned up these go far and glide nice. I'm really liking them more each round.. Was a bit underwhelmed upon release by the lack of both those traits and heavily favored volts which still are #1 in my bag but teslas are doing some work.

My Tesla has seasoned into a better seasoned Shock and replaced that for me. It has taken almost all hyzer duties away from my Volt. I love the way it flips up from hyzer and then bites back into the fade in a very reliable manner.

For my all MVP bag, I've been throwing a Volt when the conditions were not right for my Inertia. Even still, I have to throw it with some hyzer into the wind unless I need a right finish. I'm guessing I throw the Inertia about 350 with a little more in reserve if needed. The Volt about 320, but have never really measured as this all MVP thing is new to me.

Anyway, would a Tesla be good for me for into the wind drives or drives that must end with some fade? if so, what weight should I be targeting?

Yeah I can see that. Shock always was in and out of my bag. i tried to get by without an inertia but couldn't do it and probably my favorite of this speed class which i really expected the.Tesla to be. I really wish it was a hair faster.

Yeah I can see that. Shock always was in and out of my bag. i tried to get by without an inertia but couldn't do it and probably my favorite of this speed class which i really expected the.Tesla to be. I really wish it was a hair faster.
I am hoping that a proton inertia would be able to handle a tad more power. If we ever get to see one anyway, hehehe.