• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

When new I find the most overlap of them all between a fresh volt and tesla. The crave is sneaky long like a volt but as it beats up flips to flat on a slower throw while the volt handles wind/power more. its like a good TB vs PD where they are similar but different and then you have OS versions of both with many players carry too. At this point im just glad I have a big bag to carry lots of overmolds :p

The infidelity is real.

I've long said adieu to the Volt for most shots. She's still in the bag (Schusterick signed her, so there's always that), but I almost never pull 'er out unless I'm throwing shotguns during a practice round.

The Crave for control and the Tesla for distance all day, 'ery day.

I've tried twice to switch from the volt to the Tesla I just can't do it. for some reason the Tesla seems to have more turn in it than the volt. For that reason I prefer the volt for its control over the teslas extra 20 yards and less control(for me). The motion is everything I wanted the Tesla to be. I do live in Texas where its always windy though so that may have something to do with it.

I've tried twice to switch from the volt to the Tesla I just can't do it. for some reason the Tesla seems to have more turn in it than the volt. For that reason I prefer the volt for its control over the teslas extra 20 yards and less control(for me). The motion is everything I wanted the Tesla to be. I do live in Texas where its always windy though so that may have something to do with it.

If you're getting 20 yards' worth of difference between your Volt and Tesla, why don't you just carry both? It seems like you might be able to pair the Tesla with the Motion.

The infidelity is real.

I've long said adieu to the Volt for most shots. She's still in the bag (Schusterick signed her, so there's always that), but I almost never pull 'er out unless I'm throwing shotguns during a practice round.

The Crave for control and the Tesla for distance all day, 'ery day.

I get about 15-20 _feet_ more with the Tesla which even that surprised me as the Volt I can shape more than the Tesla. I have a 175 P Volt which does turn a little (but would never stray right unintended) and a stack of Teslas in various weights, but the purty purple one with the Skulboy stamp is 168, so its in the bag. It does not turn. Crave is just so predictable and straight. I too - just tonight in fact - decided that I understand the Tesla enough (I already bag the Crave) to leave the Volt out for a weekend road trip.

I think even with the consistency of the overmolds though, we're seeing variation. I've tried 4 Clash's now looking for that easy turn to high fade that I read about and have 4 Clash's that are basically Craves with more LSS. Fwiw, I find that a more useful beast than a Servo anyways and am starting to learn how to use it... another story.

looking for that easy turn to high fade.

Have you tried a Switch? If you really bomb it, like over 400 all the time bomb it, you may not see this flight, but I'm like 400.00 1/10 times with a Tern. I get pretty easy turn and real biting fade from the Switch. Hyzer flips look like Servo thrown flat.

P Tesla that was waiting for me when I got home last night feels great...got some flex to it, not as stiff as the 175 E Volt I had. Pumped to throw it, but not until tomorrow unfortunately.

I think hes just trying to help really but inbounds needs to throw a new volt. Wtf flight path is that?

I almost feel like they should be flipped around as far as actual line goes.

I think hes just trying to help really but inbounds needs to throw a new volt. Wtf flight path is that?

I almost feel like they should be flipped around as far as actual line goes.

That does look more like a fresh "old" volt line...though 350 is about my ceiling with a Volt.

I'm sure he means well. I just saw a similar post from him in a different thread.

Last edited:
Inertias starting to only be used on straight tailwind/turn over shots and rollers at this point with teslas taking over the majority of drives. Such a great workhorse driver which holds up to wind well but you can still shape longer distance lines and use different weights to your advantage while not sacrificing mold integrity -- that's my favorite thing about MVP discs.

My proton and MikeC neutron teslas are a great pair. The proton flies more like a fast crave, almost zero turn, and holds straight long, before a late fade. The mikeC tesla is just beeftastic, zero turn with heavy fade.

internetz/lolcatspeak for "more".

i'd like to throw one but it can't replace the PD, really - at least not with the gazelle setup i'm running, especially. i'd have to move back to teebirds if i picked up the tesla and i spent agonizing amounts of time picking out perfect champ and star teebirds. to restart that process . . . yuck. and to have to pick a complementary workable US mold for the tesla? no thanks.

that is the only other viable setup for my bag ATM though. i really did enjoy the tesla; i just realized it was going to take freaking forever to season them. since my aim is simplicity, well . . . gstar PD saved the day.

Inertias starting to only be used on straight tailwind/turn over shots and rollers at this point with teslas taking over the majority of drives. Such a great workhorse driver which holds up to wind well but you can still shape longer distance lines and use different weights to your advantage while not sacrificing mold integrity -- that's my favorite thing about MVP discs.

Nice! Inertias were pretty squirrely for me so I too have been leaning on a the tesla for most distance lines. This disc RIPS out of my hand. I really really dig it.

I had noted a few pages ago how I'd decided to take the Tesla on a DG roadtrip instead of the P Volt but experienced a scenario where the Volt comes bag in the bag. Sunday we played Fernie, BC in a light rain with 4 layers on (it was pretty cold), which also made the footing on dirt teeboxes super sketchy. Without good footing and with some restrictive layering, my friend disced down to a 175 N Volt in place of the Tesla and fared better than I who had left the Volt at home. By the end of the round I was using all mids and improved. The Volt will be my low power Tesla as the weather calls for it.

Liking the P Tesla quite a bit. Different enough from the Volt for me that there's room for both. Bit longer, but more just a different animal. The Volts are more or less glidier straight fliers for me @350ish, the Tesla is a more 'classic' OS finish.

Curious to see how (if?) it seasons up.