• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

yeah no volt I have ever owned since day one had a "pop-top" like dome and always less than any truly domey disc I have ever felt. The FR vectors and axis have some of the biggest actual dome. Still are nothing like you see in other disc golf discs:

dome.jpg

I have one tesla which has some pop to the flight plate but it doesn't look anything like a actual domey disc. Any variance from the basically FAF tops which you find on MVP seems to be thrown around as domey when we have yet to ever realllllllly see a domey MVP disc IMO.

^LOL that picture, Aim.

Our league championships last year, the player packs had these tourney stamped blizzard Bosses that were like that, if not worse. Looked like a half-popped pan of Jiffy-Pop popcorn.

If you can't get a disc up to speed its not the manufacturers fault. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Volt fan than me, but I definitely see 30'+ of additional D if I throw a Tesla or Inertia.

If you can't get a disc up to speed its not the manufacturers fault. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Volt fan than me, but I definitely see 30'+ of additional D if I throw a Tesla or Inertia.

30' is about right but for most players not going to be found vs the tesla and even 30' is well not mind blowing when volts fly 400' already on golf lines. Inertia and impulse IMO would be the "longest" of MVP discs right now.

I see it as options... carry the Volt class for fairway and distance (and supplement from other classes as needed), or carry from the Servo class for fairway and the Tesla class for distance. I don't use Shock/Volt/Amp anymore, I like having the separate 17mm and 20mm. But whatever works for ya, that's the ticket.

I see it as options... carry the Volt class for fairway and distance (and supplement from other classes as needed), or carry from the Servo class for fairway and the Tesla class for distance. I don't use Shock/Volt/Amp anymore, I like having the separate 17mm and 20mm. But whatever works for ya, that's the ticket.

Always the voice of reason. Well said.

I've actually moved away from Volts but for a different reason. I agree with the comments that the Tesla isn't much longer than the Volt, but I'm finding that I much prefer the feel of the Tesla class drivers. There's a real similar feel between the Axiom fairways and the Tesla class, and I just get thrown off when I pick up my Volts now. It's like they have a bigger shoulder.

All that to say I'm gravitating away from my Volts for feel, not flight, reasons.

I like having the separate 17mm and 20mm.

I was really trying to make this the way I went, but I can't seem to get comfortable enough with the 17mm class. Which sounds goofy even as I type it, since we're talking about 1.5 mm between that and the Volt class, but there you are.

Like you said, I'm supplementing the Volt class with the other two, I like to flick the Servo, and I like the Switch for trickeration, I haven't really found a need for the 20mms, though I haven't tried the Motion yet, which I could see making the grade from what I'm hearing.

Last edited:

Very true. I add or lose anywhere within 5' but I have no huge arm. I can't throw anything faster then the Volt, Inertia, etc.

Pretty much what I was thinking the entire time. Carrying a speed 9 and a 10, one for "control" and one for "distance" is a sadly mistaken idea. IMO.

Bingo.

Very true. I am not a fan of the MVP fairways. I was very disappointed with that class. Servo was nice but Clash kicked that out. Resistor was just never used for me. And the Switch was terrible in my mind. Crave or Inspire were used much more within the first 3 throws.

So I've never tried using the same disc in different stages of wear. Thought it was not a great idea when you could have different molds to cover various lines. Well today I used 3 Neutron Volts just to give it a try. I don't think I'll be carrying another driver for awhile. I used two first runs, one REALLY US, one slightly US with a good fade, and one newer run with a good amount of bite left in it. I had every shot covered today at two very different courses. What I liked was having the exact same feel in the hand every time the driver came out of the bag. The Volt powers down so nicely I didn't miss the speed 7's at all. I also didn't feel I lost any distance without the Inertia. This disc truly can do it all, and the feel in the hand is so comfortable. 3) N. Volts, 1) N. Alias, 2) N. Envys one reg one soft. Only 2 bogeys in 54 holes (one was a double, damn you hole #15!) I think I'm stickin with this setup, best golf all year.