• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

am i the only one worried this will turn out bad? MVP seems kinda like gateway in that they have good putters and a few people like their mids but i havent seen anyone around my course throw a gateway fairway driver, the guy at my local disc shop even told me to not get the assassin or other gateway drivers. i have a sneaky suspicion this might fail. Now i'm not saying that the disc will suck but i think not many people will toss it.

am i the only one worried this will turn out bad? MVP seems kinda like gateway in that they have good putters and a few people like their mids but i havent seen anyone around my course throw a gateway fairway driver, the guy at my local disc shop even told me to not get the assassin or other gateway drivers. i have a sneaky suspicion this might fail. Now i'm not saying that the disc will suck but i think not many people will toss it.

you are dumb.

that is all.

I have a feeling a lot of people won't like it also, not because it sucks, but because it won't do what they want it to. I'd also say that more than a few people like their mids.

their putters are bagged for me. but their mids. i will have to say i do to have enough power to make them fly correctly. I notice the overmold pushing the putters forward a ton. Sometimes too much. My buddy said it best, they look good and pass the eye test, and will sell based on that but may not be the disc. I do like them but only their putters for now. Hopefully this driver will be a home run, but i will admit my fanboy stage has worn out with these discs as of this point in my throwing career. I still don't see their mids much on the course but am noticing the anode and ion a lot more lately.

You going after me or him there? I posted it on the MyThrow page as one of the growing DG media outlets for the Twin Cities should/would, and just so happened to tag MVP in it so that people that 'like' MVP and not MyThrow will still be able to see the news and that we will be doing some rigorous testing of these.

Not "going after" anyone, bro. I just saw it on their page, and my bad...didn't realize it was a tagging cross post, looked like you posted it directly to their page.

I don't think Neutron was made due to a weight issue as the idea was hatched long ago (and was a major reason they quit making opaque Ions). Also, the MVP website says that all their models will soon be available in Neutron plastic.

Do you think they could make the Volt in Proton and not go over weight and/or keep the weight down a bit to the range that most prefer? Not having seen and felt Neutron, I'm just assuming that it's like star/pro-ish and less dense than champ/proton.

Not "going after" anyone, bro. I just saw it on their page, and my bad...didn't realize it was a tagging cross post, looked like you posted it directly to their page.

It's all good, just wanted to put some clarification out there. Please refrain from calling me 'bro' too, hate it with a passion.

I don't think Neutron was made due to a weight issue as the idea was hatched long ago (and was a major reason they quit making opaque Ions). Also, the MVP website says that all their models will soon be available in Neutron plastic.

Lol. I mentioned this a few months back, and was attacked by United Fanboi Slayer because apparently any information about MVP that isn't spewed out from his keyboard isn't correct.

Hopefully it turns out good, as of now I have every MVP mold in my bag so I have a feeling this will be in there too. I'll be happy if it's around speed 9-10, because I have no discs in that speed gap right now. My bag goes from Teebirds to Katanas, with no discs with speed 8-12, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this can do.

MVP products are good products. I will soon get rid of all of mine, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a quality product. It just means that they follow DGA, Discraft, Gateway and Innova in products that I used to use.

To each their own. MVP discs are generally a pretty awesome product. The Swedes and the guys at Vibram make better stuff.

It's all good, just wanted to put some clarification out there. Please refrain from calling me 'bro' too, hate it with a passion.

You have a habit of telling people what to do. How about we scratch it all, eh? Take it easy and enjoy...

Lol. I mentioned this a few months back, and was attacked by United Fanboi Slayer because apparently any information about MVP that isn't spewed out from his keyboard isn't correct.

Hopefully it turns out good, as of now I have every MVP mold in my bag so I have a feeling this will be in there too. I'll be happy if it's around speed 9-10, because I have no discs in that speed gap right now. My bag goes from Teebirds to Katanas, with no discs with speed 8-12, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this can do.

I never said that wasn't it, everyone knew it was because they hinted at it right after they made the change. I said that it might be a while till we see where it was leading to.

I think people are gonna be frustrated when they look for information on this disc and instead find 3 pages of bickering.

anybody else see the irony in that the car dubbed volt is meant for short commutes and this volt is a distance driver?

anybody else see the irony in that the car dubbed volt is meant for short commutes and this volt is a distance driver?

I hear volt and think bolt. Down the road when they have a larger selection of molds I'm guessing there will be a cathode as well.

They are from Michigan.. I guess to me the profile looked like a fairway driver, which would be ironic since the volt wasn't exactly as described when GM tried to put it out either. Can't wait to see how it throws, and dyes.. I know there are going to be a lot of dyers drooling over opaque MVP plastic. :)