• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Do you think they could make the Volt in Proton and not go over weight and/or keep the weight down a bit to the range that most prefer? Not having seen and felt Neutron, I'm just assuming that it's like star/pro-ish and less dense than champ/proton.

I'm guessing so...I'll know more after I visit the MVP laboratories next week (though I'll mostly be sworn to secrecy).

Are the overmolds on the Axis and Vector not durable enough? That's still the same material as on their putters. MVP isn't a company to change things up like that IMO. What's one of the big things they pride themselves on? Consistency.

I wasn't doubting the current plastic, I was just curious if anything had been mentioned. MVP has a unique opportunity amongst disc makers to change the plastic on the leading edge and its logical the best plastics for putters may be different than drivers.

This is going to be a blast to test out. I've been looking forward to an overmolded driver for so long. Wonder how they'll compare with my go to driver the Qolf.

This is going to be a blast to test out. I've been looking forward to an overmolded driver for so long. Wonder how they'll compare with my go to driver the Qolf.
Don't forget about the Odyssey TURD
20120413_0009.jpg

icon_lol.gif

Mike, when you inevitably make a video featuring the Volt, try to include you thoughts on the new plastic and how everything feels. Always enjoy your videos.

Will do. I've been meaning to make some review videos but between all the computer issues I keep having it's been rough.

I do not want to reread the whole thread and was wondering if someone would be able to be give me an idea what discs this is going to be like.

I am sure UPS can break it down

I'm guessing so...I'll know more after I visit the MVP laboratories next week (though I'll mostly be sworn to secrecy).

That should be a fun tour! Anything you can share would be great. I love seeing manufacturing operations. The few vids floating around that show a little of the disc process are neat, but it'd be cool to see more. At some point it'd be cool if MVP would put out a more detailed video of their process that's more than just a quick-frame view.

and "laboratories"....ha. :thmbup:

Just look at the wing and know that a GYRO disc will keep itself oriented for optimal flight longer than a typical disc. I'm expecting to throw a stable fairway driver with an exaggeratedly long HSS phase.

NIce MN time to change your sig!!!
MVP's latest accomplishment instead of designing a driver: making a website.
Next up: revamping the website.
Driver ETA: SOON!!!!!

*prepares for fanboy attack..
How is an MVP driver any different than one from another company, they all carry the majority of their weight in the rim?
If I took an identical scale weighed volt and whatever driver it most resembles and cut the flight plate out of each would there actually be that much difference?

Now before anyone gets their MVP stamped thongs in a bunch that was an honest question. I've spent as much or more $$ on MVP discs as anyone here and have always been satisfied.
Anyone care to explain the benefits of gyro drivers?
I'll still be buying a few regardless