• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My knuckles hurt!

DillonN

The first 5 (give or take) drives of my round always really hurt my first knuckles on my index and middle finger. Does anyone one know what the deal is?

mine too. After a round of field practice my index finger will swell a little too. I think its just from a lot of pressure being placed on the joints from angles they werent designed to bend in. There are probably some good hand and finger stretches we could do...but that's just not going to happen.

Usually you can immediately feel what fingers your snapping off of if you pay attention. Otherwise I would say the more pain, the more your relying on that finger instead of the others. Even the pinky can help out a bit.

Aaron_D said:
mine too. After a round of field practice my index finger will swell a little too. I think its just from a lot of pressure being placed on the joints from angles they werent designed to bend in. There are probably some good hand and finger stretches we could do...but that's just not going to happen.

You use the KC fork grip don't you? Because I do too and I'm wondering if it has something to do with that.

Blink said:
Usually you can immediately feel what fingers your snapping off of if you pay attention. Otherwise I would say the more pain, the more your relying on that finger instead of the others. Even the pinky can help out a bit.

Well, usually I can feel the disc ripping off my pinky finger and then it all goes to fast to focus on. But, I can see what you're saying.

Also, I can see small brown smudges on the tips of my fingers exactly where its ripping from after a few days of playing.

So, I tried taping my fingers the other day and it helped a lot but if I don't do it just right it doesn't make a difference. I'm starting to think I need to change the way I grip the disc 'cause the pain is just getting worse and worse. :(