• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My teebird is broken?

Teebirds are better at hyzer flip to turnover than straight anhyzer out of the hand.

Get a beat dx teebird if you want to go right, otherwise you're probably going to need a different mold like a jls, eagle, or cyclone, something with some natural turn and heavier fade.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Apathy said:
keltik said:
zj1002 said:
Get a QJLS

Wouldnt a JLS be too understable? It would seem that I would want something that would fight the turn more than a teebird, as the prob with the teebird is it won't take an anhyzer release. Isn't the JLS going to take it even worse?

I dunno, just seems odd...
A) Your Teebird seems screwy, you shouldn't use it as a measuring stick. B) The JLS can be surprisingly stable, the MJLS I got to test was more overstable than the MOLF and QOLF that accompanied it. All were new.

Did I read it wrong when the OP said he uses a pred for turnover shots? Maybe throwing such over stable stuff is hurting your form and causing you to crank the teebird too hard. I use beat champ teebirds for this shot(I think it's what you're talking about) and they are great for that gentile turn.

My new DX Teebird doesnt hook up fade on annys either on 325-350' shots. Just holds it line all the way. It will fade out a tiny bit on straght hits which is what I normally throw with it.

reading through all the posts, I think a lot of you got junk teebirds. Teebirds are great for turnovers, and slow late flexes. The OP's problem that I see is the weight. I would suggest a weight between 172 and 175. If it is still a little too touchy try a teebird plus.

@ian, I have a pred that I throw for anhyzers. An amazing slightly domey beat pred, what's to say the OP doesn't too. His is also flexing out which he wants to avoid, that is what is going to make the teebird a good choice at the right weight.

discpunk26 said:
reading through all the posts, I think a lot of you got junk teebirds. Teebirds are great for turnovers, and slow late flexes. The OP's problem that I see is the weight. I would suggest a weight between 172 and 175. If it is still a little too touchy try a teebird plus.

@ian, I have a pred that I throw for anhyzers. An amazing slightly domey beat pred, what's to say the OP doesn't too. His is also flexing out which he wants to avoid, that is what is going to make the teebird a good choice at the right weight.
From what I understand (and judging by my discs) the TB has always been at it's best when flying straight and straighter. Turnovers are something that I'd only ever expect from a beaten TB.