• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Names for future Dynamic molds

i gotta say, of all the themes id go with, DD picked the weirdest ****.
DDs theme is Ganster in my opinion; fugitive, suspect, renegade... I take that over a whippet or polecat all day.
What are some your themes? I've never really thought about it. Legacy has some cool names but they are pretty much all over the place and don't follow each other in one theme. You have the Prodigy "theme" which is kind of confusing to me although simple I guess in a way. It's simply confusing we'll say that. Discraft kind of has that insect theme for the mids but then doesn't follow a theme with the other types that I can tell. Innova has a lot of mythical creatures but then they stray from that occasionally. MVP has the whole science thing going that's kind of cool. I don't know what Salient does. Westside has a very cool theme based around some Finnish myth I forget the rest but I know they all are from that tale. I don't know what Latitude does. They have some cool names but I don't think they are technically a theme.
I agree. Prodigy has a lame system with no thought or creativity involved. Legacys rival and rampage are dope as f- but mongoose and gauge? I like MVP/Axiom scientific stuff too, clever.

IDK about disc molds, but as far as bags go, if they don't come out with the "Moneybag," it will be a crime.

OK now disc molds: Scienter; Enhancer; Joint; Pokey; Snitch; Snatch; Sucker; Tool.
Moneybag, classic.

The Surgeon General, carves up those tight fairways.

The MP. Military Police, not the Marketplace.

The Cellmate. Also your "best friend".

The Delousing. Self-explanatory.

The Criminal. Very straight-forward.

The Bail-Bond.

The Hung Jury.

IDK about disc molds, but as far as bags go, if they don't come out with the "Moneybag," it will be a crime.

OK now disc molds: Scienter; Enhancer; Joint; Pokey; Snitch; Snatch; Sucker; Tool.

Those are some of the strangest names ever. Joint and Snatch? Really? Think of your average chucker and their mentality. Now think about all the jokes and uproar over molds named Joint and Snatch. Vibram couldn't even make a 420 disc without uptight people threatening to boycott.

Instigator

I feel like they will eventually have to branch away from this concept...might get to lame.

I personally would like to see a different theme coming. I mean, they can't stay with it forever right, or they'll just end up getting cheesy. It's fine for now because they are still a young and growing company. But after all, Innova only had so many birds, cats, and sea animals to pick from right?!?

and then came the tern, foxbat and daedalus... :p

ArticTern.jpg

faa154d0c6c3888b96b360daef8a61ac.jpg

Daedalus_illus.gif

Last edited:
I personally would like to see a different theme coming. I mean, they can't stay with it forever right, or they'll just end up getting cheesy. It's fine for now because they are still a young and growing company. But after all, Innova only had so many birds, cats, and sea animals to pick from right?!?

But then it's not really a theme it's disjointed and people will wonder why they strayed from it when so many good names were left. I don't really think any of the names so far are cheesy. It's just a name for a disc golf mold in the end. How it flies is what's important and I think as long as it's not confusing like a numbering and lettering system can be it's all just a choice of the company. There are still plenty of options I think that follow that justice theme and aren't cheesy. Like the enforcer I think is an awesome name. It absolutely fits the disc. Even odd ones like the Trespass aren't bad when you consider the weird names out there in the disc golf world. You're not going to see them with 30 molds in the next couple years just pushing them out because what's new will sell. Any further releases will fill an actual gap in the lineup.

Man, I've been thinking about this thread today at work like it's my job (Thanks O.P!)

1. The "Interceptor" for a disc similar to the Enforcer, but less OS.

2. The Persecutor

3= The Warrant

The Anthon. :|

DDs theme is Ganster in my opinion; fugitive, suspect, renegade... I take that over a whippet or polecat all day.

No sir, the whippet and polecat are seated in the upper echelon of deity tier disc names.

I wish a company would go the mythology route. Daedalus is as close as we will get I guess. Can't you imagine the Poseidon or the Zeus!?