• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a Permit to Play Frisbee

The local police should be congratulating the kids for getting some exercise and staying out of trouble. But don't pretend this kind of idiocy isn't already Stateside as well.

let me post the inevitable Ignorant American Post (or as my friends in Sydney and London calls them, IAP): Australia has States? ;)

That's an easy thing to google...

australia-states-map.png

... and here's a really fun map of the world. :D

mcarthur-large.jpg

That is the line in the sand! If/when this happens in the US it is time to take up arms against a tyrannical government! Who's with me?
You're much too late to the party. Ask some of the folks here in some US locales what kind of fees their parks departments want from them just to put on a one day tournament.

You're much too late to the party. Ask some of the folks here in some US locales what kind of fees their parks departments want from them just to put on a one day tournament.

Well, closing a public park to have a tournament and a group of people getting together to toss a frisbee around is a tad different.

Ooohh, for some reason I get queasy looking at this...:sick:

You're probably not the only person. Random factoid: way back in the day, map makers used to put East at the top of the map. That's why Eastern Asia is called the "Orient." The reason I like this "corrective" map is that it is a graphic illustration of how unnecessary conventions shape our worldview.