• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a Permit to Play Frisbee

This is extortion by an over-zealous government.

This sort of thing has led to my current political belief which is neither conservative or liberal just that the government needs to be smaller.

And I was thinking I'd have to move to Australia after the election. Oh well - guess I'll have to look somewhere else.

It might be worth it. Depends on how long its been since I played.

Sounds like a slow week for the Glen Eira police...I couldnt imagine having a cop come up to me in highschool during one of our regulary scheduled ultimate games and tell us we had to pay 300 to play for 6 months..yikes

Must be head up by Ron Swanson.

Ron Swanson said:
It's never too early to learn that the government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer's teet until they have sore, chapped nipples.

This is extortion by an over-zealous government.

This sort of thing has led to my current political belief which is neither conservative or liberal just that the government needs to be smaller.

yes, but only one side is going to make the government smaller (R)

RELVOLT!!

915da822-06c4-4188-ad1c-64d996a35249.jpg

I would like to publicly apologize to the mods in this forum. I should not have started a political discussion in a disc golf thread. I can already see this is not going to end well. :/

Fine for use of 'Frisbees' in parks down under

This made the early morning rounds today...

Video
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/-/watch/30845023/kochies-angels-october-12/?cmp=fb

article
http://mobile.news.com.au/national/city-of-glen-eira-demands-120-permit-for-throwing-a-frisbee/story-fncynjr2-1226493952484

Obviously they are playing ultimate, or just catch and throw, but this does effect the DG community, ESPECIALLY when this state is hosting the Australian Championships in 3 weeks, plenty of big kids hucking frisbees!

sorry didnt think a post about this would be on here...very suprised. This is where the Australian Open is being held (well same state)

sorry didnt think a post about this would be on here...very suprised. This is where the Australian Open is being held (well same state)

let me post the inevitable Ignorant American Post (or as my friends in Sydney and London calls them, IAP): Australia has States? ;)

That is the line in the sand! If/when this happens in the US it is time to take up arms against a tyrannical government! Who's with me?