• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I havnt gotten a lick of correspondence. Nothing to let me know the bag was going to be late like others here received. Strange.

Pound Disc Golf
The wait is finally over!!! We are out of Pre-Order mode and officially have stock in all 3 of our warehouses in L.A., Chicago, and Philidelphia. We made the extra effort and picked up the added cost to spread inventory across the country so that our customers would get the cheapest shipping possible. All Pre-Orders will go out tomorrow, so expect tracking numbers by the end of the day. And any new orders coming in will ship the following day. Thanks again to everyone for their patience and support, we can't wait for everyone to get their bags!!!

Just did a 8ish mile fishing hike on Saturday with my Mahal loaded up and it just reenforced how much more comfortable the Octo is. The Mahal is a great bag for DG and life in general but the Octo distibutes the weight soooo much better. I think the storage space and pockets are better as well. The only advantages I can think of that the Mahal has are the ability to collapse the side pockets and the stability on uneven terrain. I can set my Mahal down pretty much anywhere and not worry about a tip over. I have to actually pay attention to the Octo. I may be a little more sensitive to this than the average golfer as I play at Diamond X which is rather rugged terrain.

I guess if you aren't going to use a hydration bladder the Mahal does have 2 drink holders vs the Octo's 1. But using the bladder pocket is soooo nice. Also, carrying the drinks in the Mahals holders just exacerbates the poor weight distribution making it feel more like a giagantic fanny pack.

Moral of the story, I'll never get rid of my Mahal. I love it and its a very useful bag. They also aren't going to make them any longer. However, I will not be using it for DG other than to haul my back-up discs for tourneys as the Octo is just that much better. Plus, have you seen Levi's beard?

Care to elaborate on that? Is there some sort of no compete clause between the bag designer and Mystery Ranch or something?

Care to elaborate on that? Is there some sort of no compete clause between the bag designer and Mystery Ranch or something?

Just word on the street. MR is looking to really cut back on their "civilian" lines. I thought something was weird when they didn't have any factory second Mahals at their garage sale this year. 1st time they haven't had any. Then word began circulating that they were just cutting stuff back and the Mahal was one of those products. Not sure they've officially said anything but that's looks like the deal. You just got one right? When was it made? Should say on the tag.

They quit making them in the American facility and now make them in the Philippines, is what I understand. I got a Mahal Thurs and will check the tag tonight

Still no shipping confirmation for me today. It may come later this evening. I don't mind the wait but I'd prefer not to have multiple shipment dates missed. Better to overestimate and ship early than have missed a few.

Waiting to see how you guys like these bags.
They sweet on the website and videos.
But I want to see what the real world thinks before I sell my grip A

Quick First Impression

A few comparison photos to my Grip L-series and a quick video.

I'll be happy to answer questions and take photos, etc for people.

https://youtu.be/QYW934STUto

Attachments

• IMG_20151001_122246.jpg
    IMG_20151001_122246.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20151001_122230.jpg
    IMG_20151001_122230.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20151001_122319.jpg
    IMG_20151001_122319.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 175
Vey nice. Got mine today too. Awesome bag. The disc gator with the tent extender pole fits perfectly in the umbrella holder. The bag rides amazing and feels very light on the back. I am going to need to get a new smaller clip board to fit in the pocket or a disc clip board. And it would have been nice if you could remove the chest straps but it looks like they are permanent. No other major issues yet.

I played a round with it last night and I am really happy with the purchase. One of the things that really interested me this bag was the putter pocket area and it didn't disappoint. I can keep all my drivers and mids in the main compartment to throw from the tee pad then I have my upshot discs and putters up top for quick and easy access and a lot less bending over. The scorecard sits nicely up behind the discs as well for league/group play.

The bag is extremely comfortable. It feels a lot lighter on my back then the Grip does. I carry a big water bottle that I could really feel when putting it in the Grip and it is almost unnoticeable in comparison on the Octothorpe.