• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I am for sure getting a pound bag. However I am torn on which one to get. I will be carrying around 20ish discs and some other standard disc golf items such as a retriever, baseball, water, snacks and a jacket. But I am torn as to which one to get. I know that the only difference is the bigger haul pockets on the side. I am also wanting an all red setup like the KJ Octohaul for 350. But I don't know if that's too big for what I am wanting. I guess I could do the custom colors program once it comes out but it would still be 350. So my question is should I get the bigger bag for the same price as it is the color I am wanting. Thanks for the input.

I am for sure getting a pound bag. However I am torn on which one to get. I will be carrying around 20ish discs and some other standard disc golf items such as a retriever, baseball, water, snacks and a jacket. But I am torn as to which one to get. I know that the only difference is the bigger haul pockets on the side. I am also wanting an all red setup like the KJ Octohaul for 350. But I don't know if that's too big for what I am wanting. I guess I could do the custom colors program once it comes out but it would still be 350. So my question is should I get the bigger bag for the same price as it is the color I am wanting. Thanks for the input.

I carry at least that much in the regular Octothorpe and it fits just fine. However, it would also work to buy the Octohaul and use the side compression straps to cinch down on whatever storage isn't currently in use. That way you always have the option to pack more.

You may want to check how long it will take to get a custom color Octothorpe made. My guess is that you'll get the KJ edition Octohaul sooner if you order right now.

I thought this was ironic. But not surprised to see a knockoff.

High-Quality-Outdoor-Custom-Disc-Golf-Pack.png

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60347750995.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.5YKVgy

Does someone buy a bag just to dissect and copy it? It's clearly identical. Crazy and lame

For $6.87 I'll take one, if someone else buys the remaining/required 499 to complete the 500 piece order that is...

Otherwise f*** those guys

What are the straps on the haul pockets on the octo haul. What is the purpose and function? Thanks

To cinch them down when the space isn't being used.

RC is exactly right.

To expand on that, they are side compression straps, similar to what you'll see on a lot of technical outdoor backpacks (backpacking, climbing, etc.)

Octohauls haven't been around for that long, but similar straps were used on the Mahal bags that were all the rage a few years back. I have personally seen a lot of Mahal packs where the side compression straps weren't used frequently, and the large side storage pockets sag down as a result. The bags wind up looking like big frowny faces.

So, to all of you Octohaul owners out there, make sure to tighten the side straps! It will keep stuff from rattling around inside the large pockets, and it will also save them from developing permanent sag in the long run.

You guys are making me spend $300 now. It's all good tho, I sold one of my Hank Aarons. Plus I have my Mahal that I can sell eventually. Now to decide on the black / blue or the sexothorpe.

Any rumors on if they will stick to the July shipping date? TIA

Girlfriend just surprised me with a brand new 2017 purple Octohaul for my early birthday present!! We already had matching Octothorpe's, and they have been the best bags either of us have ever owned (my previous bag was a Golf Mahal, which I still have :) ) My Octo is blue, and her's is the bright neon green. So she got me the 'Haul in purple since it matches her bag, being almost the exact opposite colorway. Her bag is neon green with dark blue zippers(almost look purple), and my Haul is purple with neon green zippers.

Just finished getting everything swapped over and will be hitting our two favorite courses tomorrow, Brewster Ridge and Fox Run over at Smuggler's Notch. Will be a great test for the new bag, although I'm not expecting much difference from my regular Octothorpe. I had wanted a 'Haul for times when I've wanted to carry more items like tournaments etc, but my day to day load out will be the same. I can absolutely fit more stuff in the Haul, it has much more "storage" capacity in the side pockets.

My girlfriend is awesome.

You made me throw up a little bit when you were talking about matching outfits with your girlfriend.

But, amazing gift by the girlfriend. She did good! Have a happy birthday and day on the course! Congrats

How does the Octothorpe carry compared the the Mahal? That's pretty much my gold standard of comfortable carry bag, even loaded down with.. liquids.

MUCH BETTER. The Golf Mahal carries very well, but the Octo's are in another league. An even bigger difference if you use a bladder system in the Octo for liquids, which I do when it's hot.

Could have sworn someone was using a 3 liter bladder. Is that correct? I hope so -- I just ordered one after tah 100 degree heat we had all weekend. I was downing two liters by the 10th hole.