• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I'm pretty much enthralled with is bag, which sucks because my Flak 4 came in the mail a week ago.

I'd rather have 2 water bottle holders, however I think the integrated bladder is a good enough compromise. The idea of a bag with a ton of storage and only one bottle holder always pissed me off. "Its got so much storage, if you need another beverage just put your 2nd bottle or a bladder in the storage pocket!" And then all that extra storage is taken up by the fact that you don't have a second bottle holder, isn't that lovely? I think the integrated bladder design is pretty slick. Back when I used a bag and quads on really hot days I would wear a camelback on the course and just leave it on while I threw.

There is a lot to like about this bag. Will anyone give me retail paypal on an unused flak 4? Jk.... maybe.

Curious...what is it about this bag that you like over the Flak?

this is a good looking and well designed new bag. waterproofing means little to me but is a nice feature.
I typically consider myself to be your average disc golfer, and it still boggles my mind that people spend this kind of money on bags.

Curious...what is it about this bag that you like over the Flak?

I haven't had time to throw, so I havent actually used the flak yet. But in just screwing around with it in the living room there are several things I dislike about it. Ill post some specifics in the appropriate thread when I get time. Once I get it out on the course my opinion may change, but right now I just dont LOVE the flak like I thought I would.

this is a good looking and well designed new bag. waterproofing means little to me but is a nice feature.
I typically consider myself to be your average disc golfer, and it still boggles my mind that people spend this kind of money on bags.

I do not believe this dgcr population is representative of average disc golfers. $279 is worth it to me. After a year, I can sell it for $200 if I don't like it. $80 for a chance to try something new and exciting sounds pretty cheap.

$279 is not a lot of money. This bag looks like it will last a long time. Seen a lot of Grips, Rangers, Flaks, falling apart after a year or two.

I do not believe this dgcr population is representative of average disc golfers. $279 is worth it to me. After a year, I can sell it for $200 if I don't like it. $80 for a chance to try something new and exciting sounds pretty cheap.

I daresay the average disc golfer wonders why there are guys that feel the need to carry more than a handful of discs, let alone have a backpack full of them.

What exactly makes any bag "Worthy" of such a steep price ????? Is the material some hugely complex and expensive material ? not likely... I couldn't imagine that this bag cost any more than $60-85 in costs per unit. Backpack designs are nothing new so where does these companies keep getting their MSRP price points at ?

And $279 is a lot of money... The Magellan Disc Golf Backpack proves my point quite nicely. Yeah this is a super corporation who has purchasing power to reduce the costs of materials and manufacturing... but yet this still does not justify the lofty prices that alot of DG companies try to push.

Last edited:
If you think the Magellan bag and this bag are anywhere near the same, there's no talking to you about this. These backpacks are not comparable to "backpacks" in the store. Even so, an under armor school pack is $100+. These are comparable to hiking and backpacking packs, which have been $200-500 for decades.

This bag is hand made. I love supporting people who are competing with corporations.
$279 is peanuts to me. 3 A tier registrations. If it's too much for you, enjoy the Magellen and Walmart bags.

I understand that the Magellan bag lacks a lot of the features that this bag offers. That is not the point that i'm making. I was saying that the price compared to materials used is so drastic. The fact that these bags are hand made is impressive but unnecessary. All any company would need to do is get on alibaba.com and find one of the thousands of bag manufactures globally and send them a prototype of said disc bag and they could have a bag built using factory labor at 1/10th the cost of handmade bags.:popcorn:

I understand that the Magellan bag lacks a lot of the features that this bag offers. That is not the point that i'm making. I was saying that the price compared to materials used is so drastic. The fact that these bags are hand made is impressive but unnecessary. All any company would need to do is get on alibaba.com and find one of the thousands of bag manufactures globally and send them a prototype of said disc bag and they could have a bag built using factory labor at 1/10th the cost of handmade bags.:popcorn:

Lulz. and end up with 1/10th quality garbage.

Lulz. and end up with 1/10th quality garbage.

If that was the case then not one single corporation would have any quality products. Are cars homemade ?? nope... what about clothes ?? nope ... disc golf discs ??? nope not handmade either and those all come out with great quality.

All this high-end materials and wear and tear talk, is there anywhere that mentions what kind of warranty this bag comes with?

As an offshoot of MR (if it's even fair to consider it that) I'd imagine that it would be well covered, but I don't see anywhere where a warranty is stated.

Thought he said lifetime warranty in the video. Not sure though. For people complaining about the price, sorry you are the poors.

"lb guarantees all bags against defects in materials and workmanship for life. All you have to do is ship us the bag - we'll repair it and send it back to you free of charge. Repairs that are not the result of manufacturer's defects are also offered for a reasonable fee. Regardless of the cause of your issue, lb will see that you and you're bag are back on the course as soon as possible."

Thought he said lifetime warranty in the video. Not sure though. For people complaining about the price, sorry you are the poors.

Meh who knows. Maybe they will produce a 1 disc bag for <$200 for us poor peeps.:thmbup::p

"lb guarantees all bags against defects in materials and workmanship for life. All you have to do is ship us the bag - we'll repair it and send it back to you free of charge. Repairs that are not the result of manufacturer's defects are also offered for a reasonable fee. Regardless of the cause of your issue, lb will see that you and you're bag are back on the course as soon as possible."
Thanks! :hfive:

Where did you find this?

The fact that these bags are hand made is impressive but unnecessary. All any company would need to do is get on alibaba.com and find one of the thousands of bag manufactures globally and send them a prototype of said disc bag and they could have a bag built using factory labor at 1/10th the cost of handmade bags.:popcorn:

I will pay more to a single man making a product over outsourcing. It isnt about quality, or even that it's hand made vs robots. I want my money to support someone and their pursuit of a happy life. Not a corporation with and an owner who may or may not be exploiting labor, while he/she enjoys the fruits of their labor.

Think of the money we as a community have paid to Ogio. Wouldn't you like to have seen that money go towards a person or small company that is tied directly to the dg community? Granted, much of the profit does go to DD, which is doing great things for D, but the point remains.

Meh who knows. Maybe they will produce a 1 disc bag for <$200 for us poor peeps.:thmbup::p

Anytime price is brought up on golf equipment, people bring out their pitchforks. Either people accusing manufacturers of pricing stuff too high, or accusing discers of being too cheap. It's true that discers are notoriously cheap, even with these high end bags on the market, dg is still one of the least expensive sports out there.

That being said, a ~$300 bag is still no small sum. A quick glance at REI shows their most expensive daypack at $240, an Arc'teryx. Arc'teryx is top of the line gear, and REI charges full MSRP, so definitely nothing to shake a stick at. DG manufacturers are dealing with a niche market so a markup is to be expected. But still, regardless of how cheap the dg populace may be, it's not unreasonable for someone to take pause and ask "wait, you want HOW much for this?"

I'm all for people being able to make a living with new and innovative dg products, and there's certainly a place for having top of the line gear, along with bargain entry level stuff. I would like to see a bit more middle of the road options though.

Upper Park is pumping out an excellent product at middle of the road prices, in my opinion. I love my Shift as a lighter bag.
This bag seems a solid entry into the very-top-of-the-line monster bags. There are only a few I put into that category, and they're all priced about the same.
I'll look forward to seeing what Levi does next, as I don't needs a monster like this. But those that do are probably willing to pay for quality.
Just sayin'.
-Mahal Lover

Last edited:
I will pay more to a single man making a product over outsourcing. It isnt about quality, or even that it's hand made vs robots. I want my money to support someone and their pursuit of a happy life. Not a corporation with and an owner who may or may not be exploiting labor, while he/she enjoys the fruits of their labor.

Think of the money we as a community have paid to Ogio. Wouldn't you like to have seen that money go towards a person or small company that is tied directly to the dg community? Granted, much of the profit does go to DD, which is doing great things for D, but the point remains.

I agree with you on regards to supporting individual entrepreneurs Vs the greedy scheme's of corporations. With that being said it is only a matter of time for some big corporations to decide that they are going to fill in the missing price ranges for Disc bags. These corporations will be able to squash out single entrepreneurs in a matter of months :thmbdown: I dont want that to happen, but with so few of companies marketing to the middle price range i fear its inevitable.:doh:

Latest posts