• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] New Disc Manufacturer

So hand made one disc at a time? Interesting. Is the goal greater consistency, or just something that feels more old school?

Best of luck. This is certainly an intriguing concept.

As with most things old school they were well made, that's why we have brought in Sam Heilman. He was a part of the made right era of frisbees.

Is the disc available for individual order...don't feel like waiting for one of my local shops to pick you guys up...they are kinda slow.

Other molds will be worked out and finalized next week, we have no clue what order they will come out in, our main concern will be making the 3,500 first runs for the disc golf community.

soo what kind of money are we looking at here and why does everyone make a distance driver for their first mold.....

182g? I don't know the specs but on just about every distance driver that would be overweight for PDGA approval. Plastic looks nice though.

Umm...it's their first two discs ever. Give them at least 3 tries before harping on pdga legality.

Harping?

That would be like this......

"OMG are you dumb or just trying to be like Prodigy?! That's clearly illegal bro you'll never get approved."

This is called politely pointing out they may not be in the right weight area for approval yet....

"182g? I don't know the specs but on just about every distance driver that would be overweight for PDGA approval. Plastic looks nice though."

I don't know a nicer way to point out it's on the heavy side but since posting it I noticed in the thread in general discussion someone else brought it up and he explained they didn't have it calibrated right. Thanks for exaggerating about the tone of my post though. Bumped the thread and now more people can read about UB and their new discs. :thmbup:

182g? I don't know the specs but on just about every distance driver that would be overweight for PDGA approval. Plastic looks nice though.

Max allowable weight is 200g. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the diameter of these discs are larger than current drivers on the market, therefore, the increased weight is still conforming to PDGA technical standards.

**EDIT** From the other UB Discs thread:
"Yes the first two out of the machine are over weight, it was before dialed in the charge and other factors that affect weight, those two discs were sold just for the fact that they were the first two out" - UBdiscgolf