• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] New Disc Manufacturer

I talked with the guy today and got a few tidbits from him.

They made a couple to test flight and durability. He invited me and a couple other of the locals over and let us get a look and feel of the disc. The plastic is a gummy type plastic. He said the guy from Innova would be here in about 2 weeks so they could start production and get the plastic where they want it.

I got to see him throw a few times and it flew really well. He threw it flat and it flipped up just a little and sailed. Then it faded back a little bit past the line. He threw a pro Destroyer for reference and the flight path looked very similar.

I took a couple of pics, but the disc looks rough because he had been slamming into trees and a brick wall to test it before I got the pics.

null_zps352fb222.jpg

null_zpsd4d6c52e.jpg

He said he plans a formal announcement of release some time next week.

Anything else?

What weight was it? Do you know? Did it feel like older gummy ce? Looks pretty rough from the pics, but they're making discs already? Good for them

I missed whether this thread is also about Salient Discs like the other thread on a new disc manufacturer that appeared today? Seems like they are both in the South, but thought Salient was in S. Carolina.

Lots of action in the Disc manufacturing world these days. I'm surprised more are popping up since I thought it would go the other way now.

In any case, the mystery disc in the Car window is a good teaser. Have fun making Discs.

This is definitely a completely seperate company from salient discs. No collaboration whatsoever

What weight was it? Do you know? Did it feel like older gummy ce? Looks pretty rough from the pics, but they're making discs already? Good for them

probably the proto before the proto before the proto since they are having the innova guy come in.

Salient discs hasn't laid any claim to this so it's safe to assume they are two separate entities.

Definitely different since Kilgus and DGfanatic are bashing the guy who started this thread and they're part of Salient. Classy boards we've got here...

HAHAHA oh God here we go again. Innova and Discraft.... Everyone else = IMPOSTERS!!! Get used to it.

Definitely different since Kilgus and DGfanatic are bashing the guy who started this thread and they're part of Salient. Classy boards we've got here...

Dude, i haven't bashed anything. I just said Salient is not in collaboration with this new company

This is an exciting thread! I'm not to far away down in New Orleans, might have to make my way up there soon for a tournament.

Hard to tell what's going on here but did I see that Innova is doing the molding for this company?

I think I read it as a company in mississippi is doing it

"He said the guy from Innova would be here in about 2 weeks so they could start production and get the plastic where they want it."

I took that to mean a guy from innova was coming to talk with the new company owner and he could tell them yes or no on this plastic. Make any final changes to the mold if needed and then sign off on them starting production. Otherwise no one from innova would consult on a company they weren't producing for since they would be future competition in the market.

"He said the guy from Innova would be here in about 2 weeks so they could start production and get the plastic where they want it."

I took that to mean a guy from innova was coming to talk with the new company owner and he could tell them yes or no on this plastic. Make any final changes to the mold if needed and then sign off on them starting production. Otherwise no one from innova would consult on a company they weren't producing for since they would be future competition in the market.

A former innova employee

Old Ex Innova employee. He no longer is affiliated with Innova
The molder is a plastic molding company based in Jackson MS