• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Distance Record

rusch_bag

* Ace Member *
Via Innova's Facebook

NEW DISTANCE WORLD RECORD - A 134 gram Blizzard Champion Boss was thrown 255 meters by Team Innova member David Wiggins Jr. at the WFDF sanctioned High Desert Distance Challenge II!

Wow!!!!! Amazing. Congrats Mr. Wiggins

he plays a lot of Spike Hyzer tour tourneys Keltik, i've ran in to him there. that kids got game, it's crazy to think a 16yo kid now owns the distance record.

I must kill him and eat his heart to get his power.

p.s. he won the DB's tourney by just throwing giant spikes over half the tight fairways b/c he can. what a jerk.

yea i thought about that on a couple of those holes and then i remembered that i'm human.

Congratulations David!!!!!!! Awesome! Now what was it about primo plastic discs not being able to fly as far as base plastic? :-D

Blizzard plastic might as well be base plastic... that stuff scuffs up as easy as DX.

Anyways nice to see someone break the record. I am sure Wiggins will keep topping it. someone will top 900ft but I am not sure if 1000 will be done.

Frank Delicious said:
p.s. he won the DB's tourney by just throwing giant spikes over half the tight fairways b/c he can. what a jerk.

Yeah, this is big problem, I've seen Schusterick doing the same thing, and it wasn't usually how the course designers had intended the holes to be played...only way to shut it down is to plant some trees just off the tee pad, and force the low route. As more and more of these young kids with huge arms climb up the ranks, we'll have to ensure that the courses stay challenging for them...

zj1002 said:
Blizzard plastic might as well be base plastic... that stuff scuffs up as easy as DX.

Anyways nice to see someone break the record. I am sure Wiggins will keep topping it. someone will top 900ft but I am not sure if 1000 will be done.

What could a baseball pitcher with a 100 mph fastball do? What could a 7 foot tall power forward from basketball do? Until the sport attracts the best athletes aren't we just guessing?

Mark Ellis said:
zj1002 said:

What could a baseball pitcher with a 100 mph fastball do? What could a 7 foot tall power forward from basketball do? Until the sport attracts the best athletes aren't we just guessing?

Agreed. I wish Bubba Watson would drop the clubs and take up discs full time. With some exposure like that, we might be able to get the city to allow ball and disc on the same precious land in my lifetime.

Inner city kids throwing plastic aren't standing on the corner thinking about drive-bys. Several NBA starters from Memphis began with only a pair a hightops and a basketball. If they could afford golf clubs, a $100 golf bag, and $20 greens fees there would be a more diverse group of gentlemen on the greens.

$20 green fees? Sign me up! The "cheap" courses around here cost like $50. 18 holes on a very low end 9 hole course starts at $30, usually way more.

7ontheline said:
Mark Ellis said:
zj1002 said:

Agreed...

Wind is also a big deal in distance throwing. I think we'll see 1000'+ some day, just owing to wind alone. Lighter is better for wind influence.

discpunk26 said:
If they make fast large diameter drivers someone will.

Scaling up a mold to larger diameter increases lift, but also drag, by the same amount...but this could work in one's favor in the wind (kite effect).

@JHern: Do you think there's any chance of ever coming up with a disc that'll approximate the behavior of the Aerobie Pro ring? Possibly a really really low profile disc that's in essence the pro ring without the hole...

Latest posts