• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New KC Pro plastic Teebird?

Parks

Double Eagle Member
Dave D has suggested in the Ask Dave D thread over on the PDGA Equipment forum that he could make Teebirds in the KC Pro plastic that Aviars, Rocs, and Whippets come in, but he wasn't sure if there was demand.

I'd imagine that if you want to see these, you show him some demand.

yeah i read that. I guess we just need to start asking for it every week until they make it like we did with the c-pd :D

A Teebird in KC Pro plastic would pretty much be a more resilient DX wouldn't it? I'd buy tons of them.

if they did mold the TB in KC Pro plastic would that KC Pro become the KC TB or would the Champion mold be the KC TB?

There are a couple of problems with this. First of all, Dave has said this same thing many times in the past, so I don't think he's necessarily even considering this. Secondly, is the recent KC stuff really any different than stiff dx? Thirdly, I don't think enough people are interested in this on the whole or it would have happened a long time ago, most notably the pros on Team Innova.

Unity said:
A Teebird in KC Pro plastic would pretty much be a more resilient DX wouldn't it? I'd buy tons of them.

Theoretically, yes.

If it works like KC Pro Rocs then it would be more stable to start with and slightly stiffer and less grippy, but would beat in significantly better than premium plastics and slower than DX.

I think it would be a great plastic for Teebirds, but would have to try them to see. It could be even better for Eagle-Xs, since I love DX EXs but have a problem with them beating in too fast. My DX Rocs beat in at the perfect rate and I have never dropped one from the bag for being too worn, but I only need one beat DX Eagle-X in my bag and I have a ton of them now.

discspeed said:
Thirdly, I don't think enough people are interested in this on the whole or it would have happened a long time ago, most notably the pros on Team Innova.

The first two points are valid (although I feel that yes, KC Pro plastic beats in a lot slower than stiff DX), but this one doesn't really apply since these same pros don't throw DX Teebirds, either. That doesn't mean the DX Teebird isn't a solid disc or that it doesn't sell well enough.

Parks said:
discspeed said:
Thirdly, I don't think enough people are interested in this on the whole or it would have happened a long time ago, most notably the pros on Team Innova.

The first two points are valid (although I feel that yes, KC Pro plastic beats in a lot slower than stiff DX), but this one doesn't really apply since these same pros don't throw DX Teebirds, either. That doesn't mean the DX Teebird isn't a solid disc or that it doesn't sell well enough.

I agree that traditionally KC wears much slower than dx, however, the newer blends I've felt in the past year or so have felt much softer and more dx-like than the KC plastic of years past. My point about the pros is that for Innova to be motivated to do something new, or at least something they haven't done in a decade, I think it would take some pressure from some of their more influential team members.

ive already voiced my opinion over there... i think its a briliant idea... i would get at least 4 or 5.

love the TB love my KC roc... why would i not try it out!

just the thought of a seasoned teebird like the seasoned 11x roc in my bag.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

discspeed said:
My point about the pros is that for Innova to be motivated to do something new, or at least something they haven't done in a decade, I think it would take some pressure from some of their more influential team members.

I doubt that they had any pressure from the pro team to make discs like the Kite, Skeeter, Archangel, Goblin, etc. Likewise, I doubt there was much pro pressure to release discs in plastics that they don't often throw them in, like DX Firebirds, DX Destroyers, DX Gators, etc.

Sales matter; not pros. The pro team is only there to drive sales. The pro team does have some influence because their choices facilitate sales, but that doesn't mean that Innova ignores the rest of us by any means.

Dear Dave,

The 0.01% of disc golfers who know their ass from a drop zone would buy the living hell out of a KC Pro plastic Teebird. You will sell dozens, you have my word.

Love,
Disgolf

Dear Disgolf,

I acknowledge your voice on the internet. What you ask is possible. I'll leave it at that.

Love,
Dave

To my knowledge they have never been made.
The First Run Pro Teebirds you're talking about were molded in driver pro plastic, not KC Pro plastic.

I'd buy a pile of em. Sounds like a great idea to me. The KC whippets are pretty I'd imagine the TB would mold up nice with that stuff.

Latest posts