• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New KC Pro plastic Teebird?

homebrew said:
Question- what makes KC Pro different than the older First Run Pro TeeBird I have?

That's a pro teebird made in pro plastic. The Kc Pro stuff is the stuff used in the KCpro Rocs, aviars and whippets

TeamTollandDG said:
homebrew said:
Question- what makes KC Pro different than the older First Run Pro TeeBird I have?

That's a pro teebird made in pro plastic. The Kc Pro stuff is the stuff used in the KCpro Rocs, aviars and whippets

Right on. I went and checked after I wrote that and saw the difference. Thanks!

At some point, and I don't know if this is right or not, but wouldn't it be prudent for Innova to shave their line-up down a little and maybe offer their high sellers in more plastics like for instance, the Teebird in KC pro plastic. And I guess I could take this a step further and suggest that it would be "responsible" for Innova to promote discs like the teebird/eagle/TL as great drivers and offer them in as many plastics as possible, rather than touting the newest, fastest, least accessable warp speed driver as what "YOU NEED TO BUY". I think disc golf and disc golfers alike would benefit from such a movement. Hyping discs that mortals can throw correctly rather than discs that only a small percentage of golfers can throw at their intended speeds.

I say make the Teebird in KC Pro plastic, there is nothing that screams disc minimalism like a bag with 2 aviars, 4 rocs, 3 teebirds and a couple "fast" drivers in it.

I want to know why there's no Teebird in standard pro plastic. That stuff has great grip and is more durable than DX. I love the DX teebird but it's so easy to mess them up in the woods/cold. So then I end up carrying some champs or stars too and then it gets to be too many discs. I often play some brutal wooded courses and I do it all winter long. The DX TB really isn't up to the task. But at the same time, I really miss the grip and glide, especially when it's cold and I have to throw some slightly-too-stable champ teebird off an icy teepad with no feeling in my fingers.

A standard pro teebird on the other hand would be money for this. I think if they sold a pro teebird I'd only throw it in that plastic. It'd be great all year 'round and I'd be able to carry 2-3 of them instead of the 4ish I carry now.

The Pro Teebird (driver pro, what you asked for) ... suuuucked. Great mold but no good in driver pro. Nose bends make it squirelly.

Firsthand accounts, GO

Also I wanna remind y'all that we (knowledgable in disc theory) are the absolute most minute subsector of the disc buying public. A TFR KCP TB would rock because events are the places to find us. But a regular KCP TB would *tank* compared to what y'all expect.

Same goes for prudent and responsible discontinuation of the stuff people actually buy. The true market for Innova and DC are the casuals who love the Boss's 200' over their old found Orc's 175'. Honest to god, most frisbee owners have never seen a good flight and don't know their game sucks. But somehow their enjoyment is through the roof and that's what Allah gave us frisbees for.

Leopard said:
The Pro Teebird (driver pro, what you asked for) ... suuuucked. Great mold but no good in driver pro. Nose bends make it squirelly.

I remember throwing those Teebirds...They did suck. They were flippy right out of the box, but they did glide a ways. If they would have broken in to the way the flew out of the box and stayed, they would have been nice. Unfortunately, they turned into flippy POSs.

I don't know what the issue was with them, but I don't think it was the nose. P-PDs have a sharper nose, and they hold up fine. It was something about they way they molded up in that old pro and the exact blend they used. After that run, Innova added some Champ into the Pro Leopards, and they were nice. Soooo....If Innova made pro Teebirds in today's plastic, made sure to add a little champ, they would probably be nice. I for one would be a lot more interested in that than KC Pro plastic. KC plastic imo is NOT GRIPPY AT ALL. It slips right out of my hand, especially if there is any dust on it. Every time I pick up one of my buddie's KC disc I can't understand why people like it...at least dx feels good. Anyway, after that FR Pro Teebird flop I think it was a marketing decision not to make more as even if they were nice they probably would've had trouble selling after the rep the FRs earned.

riverboy said:
To hell with that idea. I may be in the minority but I hate that plastic. Never felt right to me.

I hate to rain on the parade but I hate the KC Roc plastic too. I do love me some Teebirds though. I would pick up a couple just to try them out.

Latest posts