• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

That would be a shame, in my experience. I'm an MD3 whore, to some extent, and the production glows are sweet because they're more LSS while providing the same feel and grip as the other MD3s. If you want the feel of a flattened glow, get the production run C-lines, as those are pretty darn close, and season quickly to fly like my Euros.

I have several Euros as backups, but I'm not so worried about it in the long run, as the C-lines are great, and the P-lines, as I'm sure you know, are a godsend for those of us that enjoy cycling and minimizing molds. I've upped my MD3 count to 5, with a Euro, C-line (which really overlap, but I tell myself they're backups for one another), and 3 Ps of different wear. All mids covered, with the same great feel and flight!
Thanks for the input. It was out of curiosity. The way it flies now is great and forcing me to work on clean form since it's not so HSS or LSS to hide OAT.

After a few rounds, these P Lines are showing excellent stability at HS and seem to lose their LS fade first. They do break in, but not fast...unless the heat index is 90+ F. One of my favorites flattened itself in the sun during field work. It's a laser beam.

They nailed it with this plastic.

So the G line md3 is up on the store site, I'm curious as to how these will compliment my P lines. I haven't bought any C lines to go with them, but this might be worth a shot. I've never had a mid in G line, anyone have any time with this disc that can comment on stability level and how it breaks in?

So the G line md3 is up on the store site, I'm curious as to how these will compliment my P lines. I haven't bought any C lines to go with them, but this might be worth a shot. I've never had a mid in G line, anyone have any time with this disc that can comment on stability level and how it breaks in?

They've had them on the custom order form for a few months. I was a bit worried they'd be too soft and held up on ordering any.

That's what makes me pause also, especially out here in the summer. Might be a nice hit and stick disc though

We have some available stateside! Fundraiser discs for the San Francisco Safari along with G-PD2's.

Check out the facebook group or contact Sean Jack the TD directly to purchase them.

So I have a couple p-line, and a mini shield glow. But the glow isn't really any more OS then the next fresh p. Is there a specific run that is beefier?

And also interested in hearing more on what the Gs are like.

there is a bunch of glows and P MD3's x-outs on discmania. Was too curious not to try, ended up buying a bunch of Pro plastic and a couple of glows...

the numbers look like they'll be better for me than the Roc3 so maybe it'll be like when I tried out the C-FD (5th runs) and they IMMEDIATELY KICKED OUT ALL MY TEEBIRDS.

Anyone have some time with the G line yet? I'm curious how it would compare to my Lucid Truth.

Anyone have some time with the G line yet? I'm curious how it would compare to my Lucid Truth.

Nope, but I have seen a video of the flight. They were saying it's actually the most overstable of the group. Which is odd!

Has anyone compared the g-line MD3 to a mortar? I know completely different molds, but want to see if anyone could compare and contrast it for me.

Has anyone compared the g-line MD3 to a mortar? I know completely different molds, but want to see if anyone could compare and contrast it for me.

Never thrown a mortar, but I should be receiving a G-md3 soon and I can let you guys know how it flies!

It's shorter and more OS than my Fuzion Truth so far, but the Fuzion Truth has a bit of wear. I'll be giving it a good run in the next week or two to see how it really works in.

i tried out my MD3's (all X-outs P line and glow C line).

they are veeeeeeerrry Champ McPro Roc3-like. Even the P-Line MD3's (which were prototype x-outs).

Thats the main difference where the McPro Roc3's, and DX roc3's (the KC pro plastic and DX ones only available on the innova factory store as tour support discs) are a lot less overstable compared to their champion counterparts, the P-Line MD3's are just as overstable and glide-y as their champion MD3 counterparts initially.

But after a couple rounds with my P-Line MD3's are getting more glide. Its like how FD's seem to have a lot more glide compared to TL/Teebirds.

the C-line Glow MD3's (I got some semi domey ones) are more overstable than the champ roc3s (even the glow champ roc3's that I bag) but only a touch more, they have more glide too but not anything spectacular (maybe 5-10 more feet when thrown at the same lines).

so the take away is that the P-line MD3's are like champion roc3's but with more glide, and the C-line glow MD3's have a little more glide and are a touch more overstable than the champ roc3's.

I pretty much agree with you, but the P-Line MD3's I got were a lot more understable than McPro Roc3's. Out of the box they had slight turn and after two weeks of playing, they are turning like crazy. I can throw them with a good amount of hyzer and they flip up and just turn the whole way to the ground. Excellent flight though, but not what I was expecting.

For a comparison I had my McPro Roc3's for about 6-8 months and they never got to a point where they would just ride to the right the whole way. They just flipped up from hyzer and went on a frozen rope.

I really wish the next run of P-Line MD3's are more overstable to start with.

I pretty much agree with you, but the P-Line MD3's I got were a lot more understable than McPro Roc3's. Out of the box they had slight turn and after two weeks of playing, they are turning like crazy. I can throw them with a good amount of hyzer and they flip up and just turn the whole way to the ground. Excellent flight though, but not what I was expecting.

For a comparison I had my McPro Roc3's for about 6-8 months and they never got to a point where they would just ride to the right the whole way. They just flipped up from hyzer and went on a frozen rope.

I really wish the next run of P-Line MD3's are more overstable to start with.

Were you trying to throw them 400'?? I've thrown 5 different ones, 175-180 and they all were pretty much C line flights.

the mcpro roc3 is that overstable in your experience? I'm talking about the pro plastic ones made of the KC pro plastic that are flatter. All the McPro Roc3's I've ever thrown were a lot less overstable compared to the champion Roc3's.

the mcpro roc3's are usually so much more flat compared to the regular champ roc3. the weird part is that the DX roc3's that I ordered seem to be more durable and hold their stability longer than the McPro Roc3 which kind of turned me off of the mcpro roc3's to begin with (why not just cycle DX if thats the case).

I guess I may have gotten some OS P-line MD3's.

Latest posts