• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

How are the new domey glow MD3's flying for everyone?

Slightly more stable than my flat ones and tend to fade earlier/farther. I prefer the flat molded glow MD3's but both are very fun to throw! I ordered two of the flawless stamped mini shield ones from the store which were advertised to be "domey" but both of mine are on the flatter side. Not complaining :thmbup: Others who ordered from the same batch got domey ones. Maybe Ryan and Erno know what I prefer when ordering from the store? haha

I know some folks that don't like the domey glow's, but I have really taken a liking to them. They have filled a gap in my mid lineup. The flat top MD3's weren't overstable enough, so to have one that is, really is great. I am very excited for the KP MD3's to launch. I could easily see myself with 4 MD3's in the bag.

I'm ecstatic for the new (K-line?) MD3. Will be picking up a very large stack to enjoy the seasoning of my go-to disc for many years to come. I'm in a strange place about the different C-line or glow MD3s. I have older JL MD3s that are extremely similar to my Euro glows, and both of those have broken into torque-resistant lasers that can give me the hyzer travel I'm looking for to avoid obstacles. I thought I'd need the domey OS MD3, but my JL gator takes care of crazy hyzer biz, and I'm left with a very, very narrow gap to fill, that might not warrant my carrying an extra disc.

Got my 176g P-MD3 today and threw it 5 times. Went really straight- moreso than expected from a new disc. Tailwind throw had slight fade. Headwind throws arrow straight. Tried to turn it once (no wind) and it still went straight. Excited/nervous to see how this thing breaks in because I expected more overstable out of the box.

Plastic is nice... like KC Pro.

mine had some real fade for about twenty or so throws and then after i hit some trees they straightened out. the glide is choice and adds a dimension the CLine MD2/MD3's never really had, i'm hoping i can beat one in even more so that it hits a nice point of workable but not flippy.

I borrowed mine to my doubles partner, and him and I were throwing them on many shots during our tournament. These things come with Champion stability fresh, with more glide, amazing feel in the hand. he was hitting trees left and right and I don't even think he put a dent in mine. They're both still flying as stable as when I first threw them. Favorite mid range by far.

I was worried about mine breaking in uber-quick but that hasn't happened. Now worried it'll break in before they release more. (Yes, there are still black ones available from the factory store. No, just no.)

Anyone else feel like the recently released glow md3s are not as overstable as expected? I was hoping for a more sentinel type flight with an md3 feel in hand, but I'm definitely seeing some turn and not a strong fade

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like the recently released glow md3s are not as overstable as expected? I was hoping for a more sentinel type flight with an md3 feel in hand, but I'm definitely seeing some turn and not a strong fade
I'm not seeing turn in mine, even into some gusty winds. I'm throwing it 250-280 on golf lines.

It's certainly plenty stable at high speeds but not too LS overstable.

Also, I got one round in with my proto P Line. Here's a few thoughts.

It shipped to me with a tiny dome, but after sitting in my bag shortly on this hot day, it flattened out in my bag (pleasantly surprised).

It doesn't feel like it needs to be thrown hard like my gummy C MD2s. I can finesse it a little more and get just about as much distance.

It held the line I put it on very well. Anhyzer throws carried right very well (RHBH) and you could see it slowly fight the turn. Flat throws that weren't too low yielded a late, dependable fade. The flat top keeps it from gliding too much. My best placement shots barely had any fade. Thrown higher and/or on hyzer and it was great for dogleg left finishes.

I'm really impressed. It could kick out my longest used disc - pink, flat, gummy C MD2.

How do production glows compare to the european open stamped glow md3's? I have one, it's a beautiful disc! I can rip on that thing

Has anyone flattened one of the new domey Glow MD3s?

That would be a shame, in my experience. I'm an MD3 whore, to some extent, and the production glows are sweet because they're more LSS while providing the same feel and grip as the other MD3s. If you want the feel of a flattened glow, get the production run C-lines, as those are pretty darn close, and season quickly to fly like my Euros.

I have several Euros as backups, but I'm not so worried about it in the long run, as the C-lines are great, and the P-lines, as I'm sure you know, are a godsend for those of us that enjoy cycling and minimizing molds. I've upped my MD3 count to 5, with a Euro, C-line (which really overlap, but I tell myself they're backups for one another), and 3 Ps of different wear. All mids covered, with the same great feel and flight!

Latest posts