• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

the mcpro roc3 is that overstable in your experience? I'm talking about the pro plastic ones made of the KC pro plastic that are flatter. All the McPro Roc3's I've ever thrown were a lot less overstable compared to the champion Roc3's.

the mcpro roc3's are usually so much more flat compared to the regular champ roc3. the weird part is that the DX roc3's that I ordered seem to be more durable and hold their stability longer than the McPro Roc3 which kind of turned me off of the mcpro roc3's to begin with (why not just cycle DX if thats the case).

I guess I may have gotten some OS P-line MD3's.

The McPro Roc3's I had were stable with slight overstable finish when they were new. Close to Champ Roc3's but didn't have as much low speed overstability.

The profile with my McPro's was almost flat, very slight dome. All the Champ Roc3's I've had have been board flat.

Were you trying to throw them 400'?? I've thrown 5 different ones, 175-180 and they all were pretty much C line flights.

That is odd. I can crank my C-Line MD3's full power with flat release and they just go straight and finish slightly left if I give them enough height. Very similar flight to Champ Roc3's. Typically I use midranges from 280ft to 340ft.

The P-MD3's I have are nowhere near the C-line's.

That is odd. I can crank my C-Line MD3's full power with flat release and they just go straight and finish slightly left if I give them enough height. Very similar flight to Champ Roc3's. Typically I use midranges from 280ft to 340ft.

The P-MD3's I have are nowhere near the C-line's.

Which run are your C-lines? If I recall the first run of JL MD3s were neutral, definitely not OS.

Which run are your C-lines? If I recall the first run of JL MD3s were neutral, definitely not OS.

I have two slightly domey C-Line, bought in 2013 and one board flat bought in 2015. The flat one is the least stable one.

Guys, The G-line MD3 was a big surprise. Plenty stable, almost as stable as my EO glows if not right in line with it on full power rips it wasn't turning on me. The grip was amazing and not as floppy as G has been for me in the past.

Best part was I was testing out in field during thunderstorms, and this G MD3 had perfect grip, even after landing in puddles I didn't even bother toweling it off. I for sure found my go to disc in the rain :) Try these out! Excited to see how mine beats in.

The proto P-MD3 is breaking in nicely. Its like the surface is hard but once that get punctured, there is a little softer plastic inside. Rock hits especially eat it up. At first I thought it was too slick and too stable to go anywhere, could not get a good snap. Now that it is patiently beat in, I notice what nice disc this is. Longer than a putter, yet very straight and predictable.

Glad I did not overlook it when new. Overstable midrange in my bag is beadless Gator, so there is no need for another, also bagging a flat EO glow that is stable enough while not OS. This beat in P-MD3 might earn a spot. Damn, so many new discs trying to get into the bag after I thought I was set.

I've yet to try the g-line, but I have tried a c-line and a glow md3. Neither was as overstable as the numbers would suggest or as advertised. I love me some Discmania and I usually give their discs a fair shot at taking over spots in my bag, but the mid-ranges haven't been the home runs for me as much as some of their other discs.

Personally, I hope they re-tool the midrange line up to create some more variation b/t the molds. Right now they all generally fly the same with the exception of the MD.

I was hoping for a slightly more OS roc3 type flight with the MD3 feel in hand, but it doesn't handle wind nearly as well as I had hoped.

I've yet to try the g-line, but I have tried a c-line and a glow md3. Neither was as overstable as the numbers would suggest or as advertised. I love me some Discmania and I usually give their discs a fair shot at taking over spots in my bag, but the mid-ranges haven't been the home runs for me as much as some of their other discs.

Personally, I hope they re-tool the midrange line up to create some more variation b/t the molds. Right now they all generally fly the same with the exception of the MD.

I was hoping for a slightly more OS roc3 type flight with the MD3 feel in hand, but it doesn't handle wind nearly as well as I had hoped.

It's the glide that get's the MD3. It just keeps going. I'm going to try out an MD1 I heard they are nice and Os, nothing crazy but like a fresh KC pro roc. Which is what I'm looking for.

It's the glide that get's the MD3. It just keeps going. I'm going to try out an MD1 I heard they are nice and Os, nothing crazy but like a fresh KC pro roc. Which is what I'm looking for.

The MD1 is not OS by any means. It is on the neutral side and is point in shoot with a hint of fade. Avery uses his for controlled straight shots in the woods.

The MD1 is not OS by any means. It is on the neutral side and is point in shoot with a hint of fade. Avery uses his for controlled straight shots in the woods.

I picked up a gremlin and S MD1 and with the few throws I had of it it was actually just as stable as my glow MD3 but with less glide so it fell faster, I think I may bag it for my tournament at BRP this saturday. I ripped on it as hard as I could with hyzer and it rode it all the way to the ground! I think it is actually pretty close to a KC Pro roc in my opinion but I did not throw it enough to make a solid review or anything.

Gremlin was interesting as well haha, super shallow and a blunt shoulder.

https://youtu.be/0WztAUZICYc?t=98

Eagle talks about the MD3s here. That P-MD3 shot looks more straight than understable. Not a full power mash though. I guess there can be freak individuals that are very understable with this mold like any others.

P MD3's glide FOREVER, man. I seriously bombed one with a tailwind 425+

He also threw that pretty high so it was more stable than say a line drive. I can hyzer flip my Pro and it with flip to flat and go straight forever, or flip flat and turn right if I give it more power.

Low power throws, or higher shots they are straight as ever. Can't wait till they make a second run in additional colors.

I've been sidearming my P-MD3's a lot lately.

- when I'm in trouble and I need a bailout step-out sidearm I can can flick these pretty far out and into safety (sometimes right into the putting circle). step out + a little anny + lots of wrist flick = "I LOVE DISC GOLF" shots

- when I have that little turnover backhand putter shot (where I'd put a beat in DX P2 or Nova on a slight anny line) in the 200ft range I've been experimenting with just going with a natural sidearm with a little hyzer using my P-MD3 and its been money.

- mind you I'm a backhand dominant player, and my sidearm is finally coming along off the tee, but its almost easier for me to do sidearm approaches in the 100ft-200ft range now (I finally learned how to sidearm by forcing myself to do clean sidearms with a Nova and Atlas)... I've seen the light and now am doing it a ton on upshots even in tourneys. hopefully I get some 300ft-350ft power with off the tee soon.

I've been sidearming my P-MD3's a lot lately.

- when I'm in trouble and I need a bailout step-out sidearm I can can flick these pretty far out and into safety (sometimes right into the putting circle). step out + a little anny + lots of wrist flick = "I LOVE DISC GOLF" shots

- when I have that little turnover backhand putter shot (where I'd put a beat in DX P2 or Nova on a slight anny line) in the 200ft range I've been experimenting with just going with a natural sidearm with a little hyzer using my P-MD3 and its been money.

- mind you I'm a backhand dominant player, and my sidearm is finally coming along off the tee, but its almost easier for me to do sidearm approaches in the 100ft-200ft range now (I finally learned how to sidearm by forcing myself to do clean sidearms with a Nova and Atlas)... I've seen the light and now am doing it a ton on upshots even in tourneys. hopefully I get some 300ft-350ft power with off the tee soon.

Same as you, except I bought an ultimate lid to learn!

Can't wait till they make a second run in additional colors.

Is this a thing? Would be awesome as I have only one white, and it seems impossible to find anything but black (which in turn is sometimes IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND) but I have heard insinuations against a second run from the DM guys.

Is this a thing? Would be awesome as I have only one white, and it seems impossible to find anything but black (which in turn is sometimes IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND) but I have heard insinuations against a second run from the DM guys.

Last I heard they were working on the mold and wanted to get a 2nd run with additional colors out something like early fall, but I don't have concrete proof.

On the Discmania thread the word was a fall targeted release for the second run of P-MD3. I hope they haven't changed their minds, i've been waiting all summer for more!

I learned from my KCP Roc mistakes (only had a couple of the 10 and 11x, and then they were gone forever), and bought 12 P MD3s. For me, they're perfection, and at the rate I cycle (very slowly, as I'm pretty busy, and expect to get busier with twins on the way), these will last me a looooong time.

My stack is now up to 5: 4 blacks and sadly only one white. No more whites seem to pop up in the 2nd hand market. While the blacks are a challenge to find on some courses, I want to have enough in case it takes forever for the colored run to crop up, and in the slight chance the 2nd run isnt into my liking. It is a great flier so it justifies throwing black. I have no understanding for some people who want ALL their discs in black. Crazy people.

Check out the store... New P-MD3's with colors :D Even flatter than the Euro Wolverine Glows :O