• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Putter Help - pleasssseeee

Marty McFly

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
For years I have used a Rhyno to putt with put the last few months I have lost all confidence in the rhyno. I know, I know it's the indian not the arrow but I need to change it up.

What do you recommend as far as putters go? I plan on buying 5-8 this weekend and trying them out. Since I have not touched another putter in over two years any advice would help.

what do you prefer in terms of stability, I know the Rhyno should be an indicator but that might be part of the desire to change

Id go with an SS voodoo, softer than S, not as soft as SSS, thatway if you want softer you can change to SSS or harder, S. Depending on what kind of putter you are looking for, you could do the same thing with any gateway putter, but i like the Voodoo the best, sos id suggest that ;)

I prefer the putter that makes it in the basket 10/10 times.

My putts have gotten so bad I resort to online forum help. This is a sad day and I realize this.

I use the Magnet. It's straight, heavy ones work well in wind, and it doesn't keep floating past the basket if I miss. I know you want a putter that goes in 10 out of 10 times, but let's be honest, you're going to miss that 11th shot, and you want an easy putt after that one, so get a magnet.

How are you missing your putts with the Rhyno? That would be the best indication of what you need next.

Challenger is good, try one of those.

How are you missing your putts with the Rhyno? That would be the best indication of what you need next.

Low all low :wall:

If it's reallllly off I would say left.

try a jk aviar, it has the rim at the bottom like the rhyno, a little less stable. i just switched from the ryhno to the jk recently and its helped

I can meet you some time with a bin of putters to try if you are looking to trade away any soft Rhynos?

try a jk aviar, it has the rim at the bottom like the rhyno, a little less stable. i just switched from the ryhno to the jk recently and its helped
That's exactly what I switched to and it worked very well. So well my confidence has been restored and I'm putting harder. Now I'm thinking of moving back to the Rhyno.

Id go with an SS voodoo, softer than S, not as soft as SSS, thatway if you want softer you can change to SSS or harder, S. Depending on what kind of putter you are looking for, you could do the same thing with any gateway putter, but i like the Voodoo the best, sos id suggest that ;)

I agree with Valkyrie, I did the same thing but with the WIZARD. I got wizards from soft to SSS. Based on the time of year and whether or not it is dry or damp depends on what wizard I use.

if you are missing low then maybe try to release them a little higher and closer to your body, pick a spot (apex) and let the disc fall from that spot towards the basket. what are your percentages at 20/25/30/40 feet?

If you are missing low, then you need a Soft Magnet. They have more glide then the regular Magnet, and fly just as straight.

I prefer the Titanic, because it flies just like the Magnet, but it dosen't ding up in the ESP plastic.

Most putters will have a little better glide than a Rhyno, save for a pig and that crap. That said, any of these putters being mentioned are good. Its all about feel.

I like Bangers, Wizards, Blowflys