• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Putter Help - pleasssseeee

Get a Lightning #2 Putter at 174ish at Disc Golf Station for $8 and try it. If you don't like it, I will buy it from you. Try it 100 feet in and it is straight as an arrow. Floats also. Talk to Grant at DGS.

I switched from Rhyno to a Warlock for farther putts and SSS Magic for closer putts and it has improved my score dramatically. Rhyno use to give me great confidence putting in the wind, but now it's getting retired.

For years I have used a Rhyno to putt with put the last few months I have lost all confidence in the rhyno. I know, I know it's the indian not the arrow but I need to change it up.

What do you recommend as far as putters go? I plan on buying 5-8 this weekend and trying them out. Since I have not touched another putter in over two years any advice would help.

i wouldnt change putters just yet. its winter and discs arnt going to do what you wnat them to do. putting especially. its hard to get your feet in the right position and get the drive without slipping. i used to putt with the rhyno and loved it (for awhile). i found a aviar is a better putter and the rhyno is a better approach. you might also like the challenger.

Id go with an SS voodoo, softer than S, not as soft as SSS, thatway if you want softer you can change to SSS or harder, S. Depending on what kind of putter you are looking for, you could do the same thing with any gateway putter, but i like the Voodoo the best, sos id suggest that ;)

I second the SS Voodoo. Any other Gateway putters are great as well.

i wouldnt change putters just yet. its winter and discs arnt going to do what you wnat them to do. putting especially. its hard to get your feet in the right position and get the drive without slipping. i used to putt with the rhyno and loved it (for awhile). i found a aviar is a better putter and the rhyno is a better approach. you might also like the challenger.

It will remain in the bag for approach shots but I need a close range putter in a bad way.

Voodoo - Straight with slight fade
Wizard - straight with fade

KC Aviar
JK Aviar

Millennium Omega Supersoft

all of these are great
my vote is Voodoo!

Asking for putter advice online is useless IMO.

You gotta feel it! Let the disc call to you...do that **** they did in avatar with the connecting ponytails.

Asking for putter advice online is useless IMO.

You gotta feel it! Let the disc call to you...do that **** they did in avatar with the connecting ponytails.

i know exactly what you mean. so many of my disc called out to me. those that you touch for the first time and you just cant stop thinking about that disc. thats the one you gotta go with. i felt one of those wood aviars at the Big Freeze and havnt been able to stop thinking about them. now i finally have one on the way. im excited. and worried. if i end up loving it that means i gotta go buy a bunch of them for backups just in case they never make them again.

Since you're so used to an overstable putter, I would stick to other putters near that end of the spectrum (but less so) like a wizard, bb aviar (kc or jk are nice), focus, challenger etc. You could certainly try out more understable stuff like an aviar p&a or magnet, but it'll require a lot more changes in your putting style.

I love my SS Wizards (Challengers good discraft alternative) but I also think the SS Voodoo's are good if you want a more neutral putter. I have used a Latitude Spike for short straight approaches and I think it is good if you want a real neutral putter with a small lip. I can power grip that disc and hyzer it for long approaches and drives. Cool disc. If you can't putt with a Wizard, Challenger, Voodoo or Spike just give up.

Gateway plastic varies. My SS Wizards are softer than my SSS. I suggest going somehwere that you can put them in your hand and feel them. They also get get much softer on the flight plate after a few months of throwing. If you have a buddy that uses them try his broken in versions.

watch this video. pay attention in the beginning when he talks about changing putters. doesnt matter what you change to just remember that it will work for you and you will make putts.

Wizard, and in case you didn't hear that W-I-Z-A-R-D. whats that? I wasn't making myself clear? You should probably use the wizard. But seriously, you're used to a slightly overstable putter in the rhyno, which the Wizard would fit in perfectly. In reality several different putters would be great for you. Vibram's VP is pretty amazing, and I almost switched after I threw my first one. The plastic (rubber?) took some getting used to but now when I do my putting practice with it I'd never know I didn't love it too. But if you want to just skip all the trouble get the wizard. Seriously.

I am guessing you put a lot of spin on a putt to use a Rhyno or putt on a hyzer? If so, I say Wizard, Banger, Challenger or something like Mashnut says, a little overstable.

I am guessing you put a lot of spin on a putt to use a Rhyno or putt on a hyzer? If so, I say Wizard, Banger, Challenger or something like Mashnut says, a little overstable.

putting with the rhyno isnt so much the spin but the power you putt with. a rhyno holds a dead straight line under high power. and fades hard at the end. i can get straight putts with almost no spin.

RE: I miss Low....

this means 1 of 3 things.....

1) Too heavy of disc..... Drop the weight on your disc by 3-4 grams and see the difference.
2) Wrong disc..... I own a rhyno (and love it), but i still have a max weight Aviar for most putting duties; know your disc and know what it does best. It's an "alternate" putter, not a main putter... In fact, it's known as a "brick".... < sometimes you need to throw a brick, because of wind or terrain... or when it's gotta stay down.... throw a Rhyno.">
3) Bad form..... Not enough power, or incorrect throwing motion.

if you have the cash...
Absolutely- get a max weight aviar... it's industry standard.
try -
Magnet or Dart <- these would be "alternates" in the distance putt vein.

Maybe you should try to stop sucking at putting. I'm jus' sayin'.

Maybe you should try to stop sucking at putting. I'm jus' sayin'.

Yes that is the plan.

Well when I buy these putters tomorrow I will have a better idea on which one to go with. :clap:

I do plan on sticking my ponytail inside the putter and connecting to it like my "avatar" and then Ken Climo will connect his ears to my ears and we will produce ear disc golfing spawn.