• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"New" Teebird

The old Teebird mold got a crack, so all new Teebirds will be this mold.

has it been remolded?

couldn't they just duplicate the original?
i mean its not like they hand carve these, i'm just starting to throw tbirds so i may not be too sentimental, but if theyre not the same... shame on innova
could labeled it as '2 or something

are they different? aside fromt the everchanging plastic compounds.. i mean are the specs the same? dome? wing?

Parks may just being sarcastic - Its hard to pick up sarcasm on the intrawebs, but not as hard as believing that Innova would fuck with one of their most beloved molds....

*Views the Roc+ thread* :shock: Woops, nevermind. :lol:

whatcha wanna bet the pd is catching so much attention that the new teebird is more pdish?

They are made in a very sweet clear/pearly looking Champion material and offer the modified grip of a beefier feel to the rim.

bigger wing typically means higher speed, right?

mzuleger said:
riverboy said:
I bought some. And some of the new rocs.

Yeah I just spent $83... 3 rocs 2 TBs. I have issues.
Same here, but I went for 1 TB and one roc+.

This does piss me off some. Why fuck with this. It better not replace the original. If anything happens to DISCMANIA or the PD, I'm going back to Teebirds and I don't want to hunt down original molds.

The mold was modified slightly to be able to run Champion plastic in heavier weights without adding a weighting agent that clouds it. The result is a TeeBird that flies just like a TeeBird but feels a little beefier in your hand, because it is a little beefier. The regular TeeBird is still in production too.

This is another good example of dg companies being too far up their own asses trying to sell stuff that they can't see how stupid these moves are - of course this statement is assuming they replace the original teebird mold.

I mean really, why would innova do that? The flagships of the company are the aviar, roc, and teebird - the way they exist now. Obviously there is nothing wrong with the teebird since almost all of their pro team throws them. Didn't they fail at making a longer teebird already with the champion starfire?

I think the original teebird mold will stay with star teebirds, which i'm happy about because the echo star teebird IS a longer teebird.

quoted from dave on pdga forums

"The mold was modified slightly to be able to run Champion plastic in heavier weights without adding a weighting agent that clouds it. The result is a TeeBird that flies just like a TeeBird but feels a little beefier in your hand, because it is a little beefier. The regular TeeBird is still in production too."

booter said:
quoted from dave on pdga forums

"The mold was modified slightly to be able to run Champion plastic in heavier weights without adding a weighting agent that clouds it. The result is a TeeBird that flies just like a TeeBird but feels a little beefier in your hand, because it is a little beefier. The regular TeeBird is still in production too."

So it's like same dumb idea as the roc+.

dgdave said:
This does piss me off some. Why fuck with this. It better not replace the original. If anything happens to DISCMANIA or the PD, I'm going back to Teebirds and I don't want to hunt down original molds.

I'd be stoked if TBs were discontinued... I have enough to last me a couple lifetimes... and I'd make a killing off selling my extras