• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Non-Innova Rhyno

JamesXC

Eagle Member
I just recently lost my old Pro Rhyno in the woods up on Ski hill (Stevens Pass if you must know). However, I don't want to replace it with another Pro Rhyno because they are expensive and the current run of R-Pro's from Innova all seem to have rims that are +ed out so badly that I can't throw them. That has in fact been driving me away from Innova for the last couple years.

That said, what other manufacturers make overstable (read turn-resistant) putters with low glide? I am particularly interested with respect to <150' forehands.

I've heard the K2 Berg compared to the Rhyno several times...

^yes all day get a Tar Pit if you can find one and like RPro, Fossil Fuel or Fossil if you like firmer.

You can throw a Breaker for that shot but it's got too much glide to me, Harp works too but is pretty fast.

I will sing the praises of the Scale all day, however for 150 ft and in FH shots, which is what your looking for, I'm guessing you want low profile?

If so try the Gateway Devil Hawk.

I've thrown many Rhyno and really like the GStar of everything in production right now.

Great drive and approach Rhynos, in fact I feel like they are a nice compromise between pro and gummy champ.

edit - don't mean to ignore the title, just throwing that out there if you like Rhynos.

Scale if you want a great base plastic.
Berg if you want great premium plastic.

Although I agree that Envy's are a great driving putter I think they are not great as approach discs, they have more glide than I like for closer shots.

Discraft Ringer. Or Pro D Zone.

MJ uses them and I'm pretty sure he used to throw Rhynos on innova.

RDG scale.

I've heard good things about the shaman but I've never thrown them.

the FS has stiff pro rhynos that are money.. and they just restocked.. just saying it's not hard the replace pro rhynos atm.

I ordered 3 of these from Innovastore around April. It's been my go to approach disc and still flies exactly the same as out of the box even though I play very wooded courses in Finland. I take all three out to field often and can't tell the difference between the one I've been using and the 2 storage ones from anything else except the visible scratches and marking at the bottom. All three still "fly" the same.

http://www.innovastore.net/product/1524/factory-store-pro-rhyno

Last edited:
If you like something like a broke in one, try the War Spear (reminds me of a old school tank), or if your looking for the wind fighter go Devil Hawk.

Scale kicked the Rhyno out of my bag, it had been there for three years. The Scale has the exact same flight path and a slightly deeper rim, very slight, that fits my hand better for backhand. My Rhyno was strictly for sidearm approach shots and runs at the basket, scale does it all just as good.