• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

that's a good ? actually.

what do you recommend to have on hand for new players that want to go out for a round with you (read me).

TIA

I like a neutral putter, slower mid (comet, roc, shark (san marino rocs and sharks are the best IMO), and a leopard for noobs.

I can see the need for a frequently asked questions thread that people could look at before they post. It's fun watching Frank operate though! Rock on!

2. Is CE plastic really that much different than todays molds? What makes it better? Could they reproduce it if they wanted?

CE plastic is much more durable and grippy than current run premium plastic and some claim more glidey (I don't really notice it) and whether they could reproduce it or not is up for debate.

depends if you wanna hide bad form or teach good form

well, I'd like them to have fun mostly..

I've usually given out the leopard for driver, some putter like magic or wizard or aviar.. maybe a roc or buzz

sometimes I just give them a mid of some sort and let them play everything with it.. I just want a new player to have a decent time and not worry about disc choice too much.. plus if you give them a driver and a putter they invariably drive with the putter and putt with the driver... which can be annoying for m3 to watch.;)

What's the best noob disc?

As expected, it looks like Frank is tiring of the BS on his attempt at serious instruction...

My advise (for what it's worth)... Shark or QMS... depending on the grade of plastic the noob wants to invest in. They are both multi purpose discs that can be used for years... or given to another noob.

well, I'd like them to have fun mostly..

I've usually given out the leopard for driver, some putter like magic or wizard or aviar.. maybe a roc or buzz

sometimes I just give them a mid of some sort and let them play everything with it.. I just want a new player to have a decent time and not worry about disc choice too much.. plus if you give them a driver and a putter they invariably drive with the putter and putt with the driver... which can be annoying for m3 to watch.;)

I usually tell a newer person that the putter is for inside some distance (like 100'), the driver is for long throws (like 250'+) and the mid is for everything inbetween (or the middle, which is why it is called a mid). That usually gets them set.

CE plastic is much more durable and grippy than current run premium plastic and some claim more glidey (I don't really notice it) and whether they could reproduce it or not is up for debate.

CE plastic lasts too long. Reproducing it wouldn't be good for business.

Does the PLH (Parting Line Height) vary from run to run in the same disc mold?

yes, there was a big discussion on DGR about some high PLH rivers that were way more stable than the normal rivers. PLH can be affected by a lot of things from run to run like how the disc cools and shrinks after molding.

Frank is standing by to answer your noob questions!

cesar-romero-as-the-joker.jpg

yes, there was a big discussion on DGR about some high PLH rivers that were way more stable than the normal rivers. PLH can be affected by a lot of things from run to run like how the disc cools and shrinks after molding.

link to said river thread pls Frank

tia