• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

100+ wow...

I've been asking srs ?'s actually... either from me or on behalf of new players.

why do certain discs without beads have plenty of glide and still zero turn? I was chastised for insinuating that the 2 are not always intrinsically related. Thinking Excalibur. I'm assuming its the PLH?

What is a x-step?

From a Righ-handed back-handed throwers point of view:

Line up so your right shoulder is facing the target.

Step your right foot towards the target.

move your left foot behind your right foot and towards the target. This will make you turn away from the target, that is ok.

Step your right foot towards the target. This will make you rotate back towards the target.

That is the basic of the x-step. I hope that explains it kinda well, I couldn't find a visual illustration of it I used to have that was way better. Check out some disc golf videos on youtube (I recommend discgolfmonthly) and watch the pros drive off the tee. Most of them use the x-step for longer shots.

why do certain discs without beads have plenty of glide and still zero turn? I was chastised for insinuating that the 2 are not always intrinsically related. Thinking Excalibur. I'm assuming its the PLH?

I do not understand this question.

let me rephrase (im speakin INNOVESE)

Many have told me that glide is always related to turn unless a bead is involved

I'm asking because the Excalibur has a glide rating of 5 but has zero turn

I don't think the Excalibur has a bead so this confuses me

TIA

FINE, I will answer my own question

Hyzer and Anhyzer are release angles, not flight paths. You can not throw a disc flat and watch it hyzer.

images.jpg

Housers2.gif

So this is where everyone is.

1. How does the flight of an Augusta Wraith differ from the regular run Wraiths?
2. Is CE plastic really that much different than todays molds? What makes it better? Could they reproduce it if they wanted?