• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

In your opinion what is the best overall version of the Teebird? Eagle?? And why do a lot of people seem to prefer the Eagle-X?

Frank is standing by to answer your noob questions!

cesar-romero-as-the-joker.jpg

Cesar Romero is an icon... Frank should be proud to be compared to him!

let me rephrase (im speakin INNOVESE)

Many have told me that glide is always related to turn unless a bead is involved

I'm asking because the Excalibur has a glide rating of 5 but has zero turn

I don't think the Excalibur has a bead so this confuses me

TIA

I had a longer response typed out but turn and glide are not linked always. The comet has a ton of glide but doesn't turn if thrown correctly.

link to said river thread pls Frank

tia

It's in the Lat 64 stickied thread on DGR somewhere

what is HOD

Hole of the day

In your opinion what is the best overall version of the Teebird? Eagle?? And why do a lot of people seem to prefer the Eagle-X?

IMO KC Pro (pro plastic) eagle-X is the best fairway driver ever.

The Eagle-X shapes lines very well and very easily. High and low power players can use the disc effectively.

what is HOD

HOD = Hole of The Day.

everyday the front page of the site shows a featured hole. in those HOD threads, everyone posts how they would play each hole.

what do they mean when people play a round of "safari golf" ?

a "safari" round refers to playing improvised holes. for example: you pick a certain rock or tree and use that as the "tee" and you throw to an existing hole's basket.

you could also set up an entire safari course with temporary or moveable baskets.

***Frank, i hope you don't get cheesed by me answering these. i figure you could use some help after 100+ posts :)

what do they mean when people play a round of "safari golf" ?

Safari golf is when you make up your own holes on the course. For example you tee from hole one and play to hole two's basket. Then you play from hole three's tee to hole four's basket.

Does DGCR pay you when you hit 4,000 posts?

Is that why you started this thread?

Why do the ppl in my league play every hole a par 3,when some tee signs clearly have par 4/5 posted,are they blind? or is it a conspiracy ?

par 3 is just a norm and many will play all holes as par 3.. there is an ongoing debate on this topic... i fall in the par 3 crowd.

Why do the ppl in my league play every hole a par 3,when some tee signs clearly have par 4/5 posted,are they blind? or is it a conspiracy ?

multiple reasons.

1. easier to keep score
2. "levels" out the scores so people don't shoot -18 every round
3. they have a cannon arm