• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Frank has many sides to him...

he can get playful but is also pretty knowledgeable about the sport

cryztal flx?? since when? srsly didn't know this.

:rolleyes: for a while. they made some for the Players Cup. they have clear ones and i've seen orange ones too. buzzz ss (i had a clear one) and the challenger.

some people gladly pay $60-$80 for a new cryztal FLX challenger

I think the first cryztal flx was the 07 players cup challenger. There might have been wasps before that though.

hmmm that might have been that test wasp I had then.. it could have been described as cryztal flx i guess.

is it safe to say some discs gain distance due to glide and some gain it due to the speed they cut through the air (not glide)

If so cite best Innova examples

Back on topic, I haz a newb question

What's better, firebird or predator?

What's the best fb mold in your opinion?

Gosh DAMN it I want a cryztal surge.

And why does Innova only list flight ratings for the disk and not for each plastic. WHY innova

This is more a noob dgcr question than on dg itself but here it goes. Is there a list of the sticky or important threads somewhere? ty

is it safe to say some discs gain distance due to glide and some gain it due to the speed they cut through the air (not glide)

If so cite best Innova examples

absolutely. example:

the mako is a pretty "glidey" Innova mold, but it is pretty low on the speed chart. it gets the bulk of its distance from glide.

now take the boss. known for it's speed, not for it's glide. but people get some crazy distance with them. why? because of the shape :)

understable compliment to Roc

maybe a Cobra and even more understable a Stingray...

but I'm waiting to hear a better answer

edit: don't thow Comets so don't know... or QMS's

Thanks everyone, especially frank. This was probably hands down the most informative and entertaining thread on here. I read every post, and actually learned a lot. I even figured out that TIA is thanks in advance. That one took me 95+ posts to figure out though.

Latest posts