• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

well i'll be...

i thought i remember Frank in a heated discussion about understable compliments saying otherwise. perhaps i'm a n00b.

I believe I was being a pedantic ass and saying that a comet is not technically understable, it is easy to manipulate into understable lines.

I believe I was being a pedantic ass and saying that a comet is not technically understable, it is easy to manipulate into understable lines.

probably.

i thought it was also because of the way you throw each disc. something about how you have to manipulate the release angle of the comet to have it fly straight...i don't know...

The z stalker would be a great compliment (more stable/overstable) to a leopard. You might not even need a champ/star leo with that.

I'm getting more info from this thread than any other. This is really helping with my bag. Now, I have a DX Roc, a Chrystal Buzzz and a Z Buzzz. What should I keep?

I'm getting more info from this thread than any other. This is really helping with my bag. Now, I have a DX Roc, a Chrystal Buzzz and a Z Buzzz. What should I keep?

all of them. the roc is basically your overstable disc. z buzzz is neutral. and the cryztals tend to be slightly understable compared to Z.

Generally how does a CE EX compared to a S-EX stability wise?

I think the CE EX has less glide and is more overstable

what is the best wheelchair for disc golf?

A guy at my local course just uses a wheelchair with knobby tires to play. He says they make off-road wheelchairs so I would say any off-road wheelchair.

The z stalker would be a great compliment (more stable/overstable) to a leopard. You might not even need a champ/star leo with that.

The stalker takes a lot to throw far (IMO) but is still a good disc. If you get one Loki, don't try to overthrow it to reach the same distance as your leos. If a person is throwing Leos and wants an overstable disc I usually recommend a premium plastic teebird/eagle-x/FL.

it really depends on how you throw. the speed/snap matters a lot. if you've got a weaker arm, i'd say the cryztal buzzz would go straighter for you.