• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

If your disc goes into a creek which is not OB, Everyone in the group sees it go in, But cant find it, Is it a lost disc penalty. Meaning we know where it is but cant locate it.

i dont think so, prerube.

this is a pretty decent thread, so those posts will probably be deleted. it's already happened in here once.

Archetype could randomly pop in and yell Pen**
There are also a new batch of people claiming to be trolls, you never know

my disc lands just under the tree. how do I play it. where am I supposed to stand, without losing a stroke?

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

If your disc goes into a creek which is not OB, Everyone in the group sees it go in, But cant find it, Is it a lost disc penalty. Meaning we know where it is but cant locate it.

I find it tough to believe you'll ever encounter casual water you can possible lose a disc in. But, assuming this occured, yes, lost disc penalty would still apply.

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line
of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in
803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
(3) have all of his or her supporting points in-bounds.

too technical. so as long as im within 30 cm behind where the disc landed Im cool?

The creeks are normally inches deep, But today they were raging. So I think they made an exception in this case. They made it a group call. If it went in, it was just a stroke, not lost disc. If you couldnt find it. Thanks Frank

Also prerube, let's not point fingers,

ArcheType has done a lot to help this thread. Sorry for my lack of respect for "is this an ace?" threads