• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

The flashing I am talking about is where the parting line is at. What flashing are you talking about?

on the bottom, where a bead would be.

like on new QMSs. the flashing on the bottom is insanely large for some reason. once that wears off on the QMSs, they get nice and understable. otherwise, the new QMSs with flashing are pretty neutral in flight.

Sometimes my drive (RHBH) will continue to turn right and not fade back left. How can I avoid this? Also, when shooting for aces do you aim at the basket or do you aim to the left or right and the let the angle of the disc do the work?

alright thanks ive been wondering about those but have had no idea where to ask them. Weird how my questions came together like that haha

I am tired and need to go to bed, but I am also dying to know why some of the people here seem to think it is important to 'boost' their post count. Are they losers or, just lonely? And am I boosting my count by asking? Sorry if I am. OUT!!!

Sometimes my drive (RHBH) will continue to turn right and not fade back left. How can I avoid this? Also, when shooting for aces do you aim at the basket or do you aim to the left or right and the let the angle of the disc do the work?

The first question depends on a few things, what kind of disc are you throwing? And about how far are you throwing it?

The second one also depends on the type of line I'm throwing. If I'm throwing a hyzer, I aim more right, and visa versa for anhyzer, straight shots I throw dead on.

Also, someone needs to at least acknowledge my physics post on the bottom of page 30

Did you mean "It loses LSS" instead of HSS?

I thought losing HSS would mean more turn, and losing LSS would mean less fade. Please clarify for me. TIA

nope. he means HSS. the lack of HSS will cause it to fly straighter for longer.

Frank, look at the massive flashing, where the bead would be, on this new QMS:

IMG01265-20101218-2256.jpg

The first question depends on a few things, what kind of disc are you throwing? And about how far are you throwing it?

The second one also depends on the type of line I'm throwing. If I'm throwing a hyzer, I aim more right, and visa versa for anhyzer, straight shots I throw dead on.

I can "turn and burn" any driver in my bag (usually teebird/katana/teerex). It seems to happen when I turn my shoulder too much from the target. I just feel like I can't generate arm speed to compensate for the snap. And on the ace question, I mean in an open field of about 360 downhill, what line is the best choice?

nope. he means HSS. the lack of HSS will cause it to fly straighter for longer.

Actually losing LSS lets the disc stay straight longer because it loses speed but will still go straight due to less LSS.

You want a disc you can throw hard (retains HSS, resists turn) and will still go forward/straight as it slows.

This is a complicated question. Flat rocs for example start out more stable than domey rocs but beat in to flippy quicker. Domey forces are often more stable than flat forces but flat predators are more stable than domey predators. Do you have a particular mold you want to know about?

Wizard for me.....
Thanks!

I can "turn and burn" any driver in my bag (usually teebird/katana/teerex). It seems to happen when I turn my shoulder too much from the target. I just feel like I can't generate arm speed to compensate for the snap. And on the ace question, I mean in an open field of about 360 downhill, what line is the best choice?

You have lots of OAT in your form. You should head over to the technique section and get some more specific help.

hyzer lines are the easiest to throw and should be thrown in an open field.

Actually losing LSS lets the disc stay straight longer because it loses speed but will still go straight due to less LSS.

You want a disc you can throw hard (retains HSS, resists turn) and will still go forward/straight as it slows.

i guess i had it backwards too :\

has anyone asked the "flat vs. domey" question yet?

It's actually the opposite of what you said there, you're probably putting too much arm and not enough spin on the disc, spin stabilizes disc flight it doesn't make discs more understable. Also, you're probably rolling your palm up at the end of your throw, try to keep your palm facing sideways rather than toward the sky after you release.

What is the stability like for a first run star Destroyer? Regular run Destroyers are a teensy too much for me without a headwind. I have a domey E* which is a pretty good stability but I was just wondering what the FR ones were like.