• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I can "turn and burn" any driver in my bag (usually teebird/katana/teerex). It seems to happen when I turn my shoulder too much from the target. I just feel like I can't generate arm speed to compensate for the snap. And on the ace question, I mean in an open field of about 360 downhill, what line is the best choice?

If you're turning and burning any of these discs, I hate to say it, but you have OAT, or off axis torque. The technique section has many ideas on how to help remedy this.

Personally, I'd go buy an ultrastar, or any other superclass disc, and play with that until your form is clean enough to not turn and burn it (which is very hard) because that's a great way to work out oat, and help gain control and distance.

And for me, in a wide open field downhill 360', I'd throw a slight hyzer and throw a bit right, but that's because I only throw about 370' tops on flat ground, but that's not to say its the best. Wide open, throw the shot you're most confident with.

Great Thread! - Are there any rules about starting your drive walk-up on the tee pad? Or That you must stay on the tee pad for your entire drive?

What is the stability like for a first run star Destroyer? Regular run Destroyers are a teensy too much for me without a headwind. I have a domey E* which is a pretty good stability but I was just wondering what the FR ones were like.

i've never thrown FR Stars, but have you tried a pro destroyer? those are less overstable and they break in to a nice disc :thmbup:

Pro destroyers are extremely glidey too, more distance potential than the stars imo.

Great Thread! - Are there any rules about starting your drive walk-up on the tee pad? Or That you must stay on the tee pad for your entire drive?

i'm pretty sure you can run up from 200' away if you wanted to, as long as you release the disc from the tee

I have a couple Pros which I'm trying to break in. I haven't thrown them in a few months (I don't play in the snow) but I remember they are still too much new. I'm just thinking that once they get to the right stability for me, they will quickly beat past that into a different slot in my bag.

What is the stability like for a first run star Destroyer? Regular run Destroyers are a teensy too much for me without a headwind. I have a domey E* which is a pretty good stability but I was just wondering what the FR ones were like.

Less stable, flat gummy goodness.

Every warp speed driver Innova has released has been less stable during the first runs and more stable subsequently.

I have been playing a lot of putter rounds (S Wizard 174g) lately trying to work on form. I've noticed I rarely snap the putter hard enough to turn and burn. I can even sometimes snap it just the right amount to get a nice straight finish. Something about those drivers makes me try to crush every hole, usually resulting in OAT. Any suggestions?

I have been playing a lot of putter rounds (S Wizard 174g) lately trying to work on form. I've noticed I rarely snap the putter hard enough to turn and burn. I can even sometimes snap it just the right amount to get a nice straight finish. Something about those drivers makes me try to crush every hole, usually resulting in OAT. Any suggestions?

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

stick with your putters for a while. they're obviously working

You have to release the disc with all your supporting points on the teepad,

You can start your run off the tee pad, or run off the end once you've thrown if you want.

Go back about a page or 2 and check my post about the ultrastar.

Throw lots of putters and a true stable mid until you can manipulate them on the basic flight paths - hyzer, straight, and anhyzer and maybe a couple of more advanced lines like extended hyzer and flex S shots. From there try it out with a single digit speed driver.