• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I am really starting to like throwing putters and midranges, what are some essential putters/midranges I should try out? Currently in my bag: SSS Wizard, JK Aviar, Champ Rhyno, Z Buzzz (I also had a star mako that i liked, but lost)

I am really starting to like throwing putters and midranges, what are some essential putters/midranges I should try out? Currently in my bag: SSS Wizard, JK Aviar, Champ Rhyno, Z Buzzz (I also had a star mako that i liked, but lost)

I would say stick with the wizard or the aviar (maybe a firmer plastic like an S wizard or a KC aviar) and the buzz, really solid discs.

get a roc!

learn it. live it. love it.

Aviar P&A, Challenger, voodoo, Ion, magic, pure, classic roc, XD, KC Aviar, magnet, Ridge.

Roc (all 3 (see OP)), wasp, hornet, shark, spider, cro, core, fuse, comet, QMS, element, warrior, meteor, sentinel

Throw lots of putters and a true stable mid until you can manipulate them on the basic flight paths - hyzer, straight, and anhyzer and maybe a couple of more advanced lines like extended hyzer and flex S shots. From there try it out with a single digit speed driver.

Would you consider changing your signature to "Forever Under Constant Katana Scrutiny"?

The only hole I really see here is an understable mid, I personally love the meteor, but the comet, stingray, or cobra are great as well,

A roc is worth checking out too.

What's an extended Hyzer line?

It is a hyzer flip that never really completely flips up. Throw a flippy disc with some hyzer, have it pop up to almost flat, then it hyzers out. Super useful shot for open holes that need distance and accuracy b/c you can use the hyzer angle as an easy way to manipulate the distance.

It is a hyzer flip that never really completely flips up. Throw a flippy disc with some hyzer, have it pop up to almost flat, then it hyzers out. Super useful shot for open holes that need distance and accuracy b/c you can use the hyzer angle as an easy way to manipulate the distance.

i had a freakishly overstable champion sidewinder that was the shizz at filling this slot.

I love that shot with an s-pd, and you're right it's cool to be able to range the shot just by manipulating release angle.

I love that shot with an s-pd, and you're right it's cool to be able to range the shot just by manipulating release angle.

When I was throwing S-PDs, that is the shot I threw as often as possible with them. They were made for that line.

And with that, I sleep.