• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

@splettimer
you can google any acronym and will likely find out what it means in the first results

ap,

I only say comet (and I bet frank will too) because its super similar to a roc in speed and size.

But the cobra and stingray are also very similar but are more understable then the roc...

The cobra and stingray are faster than a roc though.

Back on topic, I haz a newb question

What's better, firebird or predator?

What's the best fb mold in your opinion?

Someone (blake T) I think once described overstable discs in two categories, type one and type two. Type one discs fade left as they lose speed and type two continue to penetrate forward as they lose speed. Firebirds (along with spirits, Xtremes and a lot of other discs) are type one. Predators are type two (along with forces and lots of others). You have to ask yourself which you prefer and choose from there.

I prefer the normal FB mold.

Gosh DAMN it I want a cryztal surge.

And why does Innova only list flight ratings for the disk and not for each plastic. WHY innova

too much work.

*awkward*

here's one i know Frank can answer:

what's a good understable compliment to roc?

comet, QMS, ontario roc, any other slower mid.

But the cobra and stingray are also very similar but are more understable then the roc...

too fast those are my son. Is the cobra naturally understable? I thought it was pretty stable but I might have been throwing the classic cobra mold. I haven't thrown cobras in a long time.

Is it correct to use the word "run" when refering to different editions of the same disc?

As in - "Is the 4x JK valkyrie a different run vs. a 5x JK valkyrie"

A buddy and I were pondering how many different valks are out there because the standard production stamp has gone though alot of changes (or so it seems). Although, aparently the mold has NEVER been changed sooooo....thats eventually where this is heading - I'm interested to see the timeline or eveloution of the different editions of the valkyrie starting with CE (right???).

well i'll be...

i thought i remember Frank in a heated discussion about understable compliments saying otherwise. perhaps i'm a n00b.

Eat it ap!

Comet was first on his list!

Also, by regular mold fb, that would be just a 12x champ right?

Is it correct to use the word "run" when refering to different editions of the same disc?

As in - "Is the 4x JK valkyrie a different run vs. a 5x JK valkyrie"

A buddy and I were pondering how many different valks are out there because the standard production stamp has gone though alot of changes (or so it seems). Although, aparently the mold has NEVER been changed sooooo....thats eventually where this is heading - I'm interested to see the timeline or eveloution of the different editions of the valkyrie starting with CE (right???).

A run is a group of discs molded during the same time (is that the right way to say it?).