• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nose up (and other) issues.. Help...

Like I said before it depends and can vary...
attachment.php

Ya know it's funny before I posted I looked at my phone and I had a gif of McBeth and a gif of GG and I thought that GG looked pretty open but I still went with it. It's an interesting variable.

Okey so i did some fieldworkout yesterday and played a course today and am honestly more confused than ive ever been... I had no controll and threw straight up in the air..
I just wonder if there are any article that kinda explain the whole backhand drive and where to start? I still have a hard time understanding rhe physics and what you should think about when throwing..

I threw almost only midrange and putters the first half year. But the last half year i have thrown alot of understable 9 speed drivers. I kinda got afraid to go back to midrange because i was struggling extremly with nose up and i know that midranges are more kind if you throw nose up so i didnt want to get that nose up problem again..
I also threw standstill the first 6 months but went over to a x step after that...
Thanks for the content and sorry for the many dumb questions. I think i maybe overanslyze the throw and that this have made me throw verry jerky.

Okey so i have read the stuff u sent me + checked some other articles and i think a little different about the throw than before. I was just wondering is it right to say that RHBH is kinda the same motion as a leftie golfswing? Or am i totally in the wrong direction?

Okey so i have tried to work hard on my form lately but i still feel like i do so many things wrong.. So i decided to try to film myselves fro 2 angles on the same 5 throws. I threw putter, mids and drivers to kinda show my throw on all the different speeds. I also had a solid left to right wind when i threw.
Could you guys see where my mistakes are? I really want to get a nice flowing throw that i can trust. I really love this sport and use alot of my offtime to do fieldwork or read on the different articles here on dgcourse, but this often ends with me getting more confused.. Hope you guys can find my mistakes. Im willing to change everything to get good throws so just say everything you see that i should change.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/r_Q0-_AsYwE

You are holding your arm/disc weird and footwork staccato. Hold your elbow up higher and swing the lower arm. Smooth footwork.

I'm really confused about one thing. I have tried to find a article about it but haven't found it. From the power pocket, should it feel like you swing the arm out (like hitting a ball with a tennis racket) or more like you are elbowing out to the side? Or should it feel like something else?.. I have seen articles about the upper arm angle and that you want it to be 90 degrees from chest but i have also heard some tips about (starting a lawnmower) or (elbowing down a door) where in my head you have to elbow out to the side. I guess i don't understand the feel you should go for after the power pocket. Is it more of a "pulling" feeling or a "swinging" feeling out from the power pocket?

Start the lawnmower with your hips, not your arm. String breaks and lower arm/disc swings in and out of center chest or gravity. Upper arm should maintain at least 90 or more, I recommend more unless you are really skinny/lanky. Top of backswing some guys are closer 180 like Eric Oakley and Will Schusterick and then it collapses and bounces back out.

Sorry if im just too dense to get it... But this gets me so confused... I have heard that you should not pull hard from the beginning, but when i think about the lawnmower i would pull hard with my own body from the beginning? And i still dont get the feeling you should go for from the power pocket and out.. And does it feel like a swing or pull from the power pocket and to the release?

Sorry if im just too dense to get it... But this gets me so confused... I have heard that you should not pull hard from the beginning, but when i think about the lawnmower i would pull hard with my own body from the beginning? And i still dont get the feeling you should go for from the power pocket and out.. And does it feel like a swing or pull from the power pocket and to the release?

Have you tried the door frame drill? It will demonstrate where, for your body, is the most powerful position, and which muscles give you power.

Since some people learn better by reading: Stand in a door frame sideways. Situate your feet so that you just took the last step in your X-step and the disc is still behind you. The door frame should be at or behind your trailing (left) foot. Grab the door frame where your disc would be at full backswing (you may need to adjust your feet to get the door frame in the correct position):
attachment.php

Pull the door frame like you are trying to rip it out of the wall, toward your target. You might first feel your shoulders or triceps, but there will be no power. Pull again, maybe adjust your hand height in the frame slightly. You might feel it in your side. Pull again until you are aware that the strongest position is when leaning into your hips, shoulder forward, where you might feel like you are about to sit in a chair that is just out of reach of your right butt cheek. That's where the power is. From your butt through your back. That's the correct position for your body to throw the disc. Some people do not 'like it' or decide not to throw that way, but that's the position your power and mechanics put you.

Attachments

• A522FE4E-389A-4E9D-8079-356F5E4B15B7.jpg
    A522FE4E-389A-4E9D-8079-356F5E4B15B7.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 38
Yes i have seen the doorframe drill many times and tried it. And i get that this engage the big muscles in the body. But i still dont see how this shows what kind of feeling you want from the power pocket and out to the release.. Okay so im gonna try to explain what confuses me:

1. I have heard that you should not apply power before the power pocket. And when i then have heard the lawnmower and elbowing something fancy examples, i feel like this kinda dont fit together with applying power late.

2. I have read (And seen slow motion of the pros) that their upper arm to chest angle are about 90 degrees when they release the disc. This i also feel like goes against the lawnmower and elbowing something examples because you would then disconnect the upper arm from the body and send it forward (Strong-arming it?).

3. The feeling of swinging your arm out of your body (Like hittin a ball with a tennis racket or hittin a baseball) is a verry different feel from kind of elbowing out to the target. What is the feeling i am looking for from the power pocket and out? Any examples from other motions that are similar?

I have always been afraid om strong arming or learning bad habits because the longer you do a motion, the harder it will be to change it.. I guess i just have read too much around on dgc so that it has ended up confusing me...

Yes i have seen the doorframe drill many times and tried it. And i get that this engage the big muscles in the body. But i still dont see how this shows what kind of feeling you want from the power pocket and out to the release.. Okay so im gonna try to explain what confuses me:

1. I have heard that you should not apply power before the power pocket. And when i then have heard the lawnmower and elbowing something fancy examples, i feel like this kinda dont fit together with applying power late.

2. I have read (And seen slow motion of the pros) that their upper arm to chest angle are about 90 degrees when they release the disc. This i also feel like goes against the lawnmower and elbowing something examples because you would then disconnect the upper arm from the body and send it forward (Strong-arming it?).

3. The feeling of swinging your arm out of your body (Like hittin a ball with a tennis racket or hittin a baseball) is a verry different feel from kind of elbowing out to the target. What is the feeling i am looking for from the power pocket and out? Any examples from other motions that are similar?

I have always been afraid om strong arming or learning bad habits because the longer you do a motion, the harder it will be to change it.. I guess i just have read too much around on dgc so that it has ended up confusing me...

Go throw a hammer with your disc throw. That exaggerates the weight of the disc and shows you if your disc line is straight (hammer goes straight) or if your disc line is rounded (hammer does not go straight).

From your question " What is the feeling i am looking for from the power pocket and out?" it might be that you are skipping over all the important ground-up fundamentals to move on to using your arm muscles. Has the one leg drill been mentioned? That might help you with sense out of the pocket AFTER shifting weight. But, seriously, throw a hammer. Keep throwing it until the a-ha moment of weight shift. It might take 5 throws. It might take an hour.

Thanks for the tip about the hammer. I am going to test that tomorrow! Yes i have done the one leg drill (Still does it sometimes on my fieldworkouts) and i am sure that i get all my weight onto the front foot before i do the actual throw. I do also get to not round.
Btw arent you supposed to throw little to the left of the target? not in a straight line?

But i still dont get if its more of a pull to the right or swing out of the body to the right...
To ask the question a little different..
Do you want to open the shoulders to the target and then throw or do you want the shoulders to be closed and throw to the side?
Sorry if im just thick headed.. I just really want to understand the feeling you should go for after the power pocket..

Latest posts