• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nose up (and other) issues.. Help...

You pull a disc like you pull a hammer to hit a nail. And you push a disc like you push a hammer to hit a nail. In other words, to hammer a nail, you move the hammer back, let it fall forward, then accelerate it's own weight with the fall. Same with a disc, except you shift hips to start the disc moving forward. Hips shift neutral to slightly target ward at release. During the same time, shoulders go from 180deg from target to almost target ward.

Last edited:
The first worker is hammering like you are throwing the disc. His form looks good, but he's forcing the hammer. We tend to force the disc by pulling hard, and spinning hips and shoulders. The disc is very light, but we STILL have to work with it's weight, just like the big hammer.

Yeah, you aren't really getting your shoulder loaded back against your rear leg like a sling shot, and your stance is really spread out with no real shift/brace as your front leg collapses. If you get loaded in door frame drill, you should automatically unwind after letting go of door frame and dropping onto braced front leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=1m14s

Thanks for the answer guys!
So if i get it right i should:
- Have my feet more sideways and shift hip more from neutral to forward.
- Turn (coil) my upper body more
- Let the weightshift and hips bring disc into power pocket
- Take a smaller last step
Does that sound right?
Really appreciate all the fast and helpfull answers in here btw :D

I am having a hard time getting that feeling.. I feel like i try so many different things that sometimes it just becomes bad. But im not giving up on getting that feeling!
btw do you see any reason why i`m throwing low? I have a tendencie to throw really low (Sometimes straight into the ground 100 feet in front of me..

Okay so i have a couple of questions that has been on my mind:

1. Do you want to pull hard with your body from the start of the reachback? Or do you want to be smooth from the reachback to the powerpocket and explode from there and out?

2. Do you want your spine to be straight (Like when you push out your chest) or do you want to be more hunchback?

what do you mean with big back/lats?
So from what i understood from that you want to bend your spine a little forward or did i get it wrong?

Lat/shoulder blade should be pulled taut like hammer throw. Need to start slow to swing something heavy and explode at the end.

So i`m alittle confused when it comes to grip. On some clinics with schusterick and wysocki they say that almost no pros tuck their index finger underneath the rim and more rest it on the rim. But on other sites where they talk about the grip they tuck their index. what`s the best way? tucking or more resting it on the rim?

So i am looking on different articles and have read about swedish style and american style. Is it true that there are different ways of generating the power in the disc golf throw (And what are the different ways of generating power)? or am i on the wrong path?

Latest posts