• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they will be making C line Gremlins and that is why Eagle and Simon are so excited in the video.

Not worthy of a video, or even doing at all. They have the MD4. Would be cool if they un-beaded the MD5 pretty sure that's what everyone wanted in that regard.

doesn't seem like a disc release.

Jussi thinks big. Very big. Did the DGWT - the money wasn't there to do it as big as he wanted so humbly held off instead of pushing it.

Sounds like us dealers helped them make some good money last year, I'm betting Jussi has more big plans.

Not worthy of a video, or even doing at all. They have the MD4. Would be cool if they un-beaded the MD5 pretty sure that's what everyone wanted in that regard.

doesn't seem like a disc release.

Jussi thinks big. Very big. Did the DGWT - the money wasn't there to do it as big as he wanted so humbly held off instead of pushing it.

Sounds like us dealers helped them make some good money last year, I'm betting Jussi has more big plans.

Yeah, I was joking. Went over your head apparently. I also think it's going to be Discmania taking over the production of their own discs.

Yeah, I was joking. Went over your head apparently. I also think it's going to be Discmania taking over the production of their own discs.

If they do, I've got about 1400 InnoMania molds stocked up just in case :)

What would be the difference we would see when and if DM produced their own discs? Same molds, right? More availability?

I'm willing to bet it's them producing their own discs now, and that the CFR beadless GM I lamented for in another thread a week or so ago is going to be in the regular line up.

What would be the difference we would see when and if DM produced their own discs? Same molds, right? More availability?

They would have their own production schedule instead of being at the mercy of Innova.

I just don't see it. It would be an even worse logistical nightmare than getting on the production schedule seems to me.
I think they just need a couple more machines.

Stamping is done in house with Discmania so they have that covered.

It would either be all new molds (so all new flights on everything) or sharing the same molds (doesn't seem feasible)

Discmania: we would like to borrow the following tops, bottoms, and strippers for a little while
Innova: um no lol

Per the Instagram post today it seems to be a long term partnership with some other company.
And I'm not thinking small like a shoe/clothes/bag/cart company - that doesn't change the game. Jussi does big.

Dismania thrower here, so don't take me as someone who doesn't like their products.

But I'm going to call it as just basic marketing, trying to hype something up that really isn't mind blowing.

Come on let's not forget our sport here, its dg!

D line md4 or different p blend. I've cycled several this year and they develop turn, but the plastic is as slick as day one. No grip improvements with seasoning, and even worse as it's colder now. Not worth it to me. I'd rather see S or D line
I agree with you for the most part. I currently cycle MD4s. I bag a MF, a 2017 Glow C-Line and three P-Lines. I FINALLY have a completely understable P-Line. I just pulled the MD out my bag. I don't know if it's color dependent but most of my P-Lines are slick like you mentioned. I do have two slightly softer P-Lines that felt noticeably more grippy when brand new than the other P-Lines I have. They're the softest ones I could find. One of them is yellow and one is orange. I agree though, a vast majority of P-Line MD4s I've felt in person are slick. That's why I want to cycle D-Line. A flat top S-Line would be sweet too.

I agree with you for the most part. I currently cycle MD4s. I bag a MF, a 2017 Glow C-Line and three P-Lines. I FINALLY have a completely understable P-Line. I just pulled the MD out my bag. I don't know if it's color dependent but most of my P-Lines are slick like you mentioned. I do have two slightly softer P-Lines that felt noticeably more grippy when brand new than the other P-Lines I have. They're the softest ones I could find. One of them is yellow and one is orange. I agree though, a vast majority of P-Line MD4s I've felt in person are slick. That's why I want to cycle D-Line. A flat top S-Line would be sweet too.

Was not aware some were actually softer. I guess I will go feel up the local selection

I just don't see it. It would be an even worse logistical nightmare than getting on the production schedule seems to me.
I think they just need a couple more machines.

Stamping is done in house with Discmania so they have that covered.

It would either be all new molds (so all new flights on everything) or sharing the same molds (doesn't seem feasible)

Discmania: we would like to borrow the following tops, bottoms, and strippers for a little while
Innova: um no lol

Per the Instagram post today it seems to be a long term partnership with some other company.
And I'm not thinking small like a shoe/clothes/bag/cart company - that doesn't change the game. Jussi does big.

I agree. I was thinking a partnership with a larger company or some sort of TV deal for the World Tour. Also, the space they moved into is a commercial condo unit. It isn't a manufacturing facility.

I agree. I was thinking a partnership with a larger company or some sort of TV deal for the World Tour. Also, the space they moved into is a commercial condo unit. It isn't a manufacturing facility.

Google Search is pretty cool
image.jpg

image.jpg

9,000 S.F. should be big enough for manufacturing, if that's what they are using for it.

I agree with others that their "mystery" is a partnership with another company. It falls on a Valentine's Day, so it would make sense.

Jussi had on his Instagram stories videoclip where he was visiting Emporio Armani showroom at ISPO trade show. Maybe Discmania is going to be collaboratin with Emporio Armani? Didn't Simon wear Emporios polos last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts